The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Do I...Entertainment Business? (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10497 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Also, I said I would be happy to further discuss this with you and/or Ed in another thread as there is also much to discuss there as well.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, TomBoleware wrote:
I assumed this thread had already served its purpose by answering all of Tajrung questions.

It is a shame that I am not allowed to post here.

Tom

You are indeed allowed. I never said you are not allowed. Clearly you don’t care and will do what you want. I’m simply not going to if you do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, TomBoleware wrote:
Oh ok. So others can ask questions or only a select few? Really, I'm confused

Tom

Please stop pretending for everyone Tom.

We started this thread to avoid your opinions and constant derailment. This thread has many topics because you agreed not to be part of it so we decided to do it this way. You know this, everyone knows this and it is even eluded to in this very thread.

There are LOTS more questions that we are never going to get to because you won’t allow it.

You are 100% allowed to post in this thread. Nobody says you can’t. As I said I’m not going to and I’m pretty certain Mindoro will stop as well. You can take it over and be you and it can be perfect as you like. I think it is a bit disrespectful but that is not on me. I’m not going back and forth to correct information. If you want to insist that there is nowhere you won’t post then ok. I just don’t think it is a very nice thing to do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2940 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, why is that post you just made not a derailment? But anything I say is?

Anyway, which one is it? Are you saying I can AND I can't?

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:

We started this thread to avoid your opinions.

You are 100% allowed to post in this thread. Nobody says you can’t.

Hmmm, Please stop pretending for everyone that its me the one derailing. I'm just responding to you.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no power to say if you can or can’t. Stop acting as if you don’t know what is going on. If you keep posting I’m not. You can post all you like. It is just that all information will stop when you do. If you want to be disrespectful to the other members and cause this that is up to you.

It is you derailing because you were not going to respond at all.

Everyone now knows. It is up to you how this goes. This was one place where no arguments would happen and you have brought them here because you live the attention. You can stop doing that or stop us from giving information. That is up to you. Certainly you “can” post. I’ll never say you can’t. It is a choice. Now everyone knows.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
383 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Ed asked a question earlier that seems to have been removed, but I
remember it, and will answer to the best of my ability.

in response to mindpro, who stated no one hired acts anymore, only shows.
ed asked, what's the difference between an act and show?

An act is shorter, usually without a full show structure, for example if you've
ever been to a comedy club with rotating comics and you saw someone do
an 8 minute set, this would be an "act".

if you went to a club and saw a headliner perform for you for an hour, this
would have been a "show".

there is a bit more than just time though, think about a play, there's individual
scenes, that build an act, and multiple acts build a show with a fully cohesive story.

to translate to magic, a "scene" would be a single routine, an act a set of routines
forming a part of the show, and the acts come together to for a whole show.

Mindpro may have different definition, but this is how I think of it, I wrote
more on show structure here,
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=41

this topic was going to be written about in that thread, but it didn't get much traction.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2940 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Fedora,

I probably would have said, It takes three acts to make a show. lol

But you explained it very well. Well Done. Thanks

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Do I...Entertainment Business? (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL