The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine on Cordon's show a few nights ago. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
This was a few nights ago unless it was a rerun, but David did a fairly standard burned bill - in a large glass - after reading off the serial number AND keeping a corner. A little alcohol or something was poured in with the ashes and Cordon was asked to drink it, but he only took a small sip. But the big ending was a Raven flew in and dropped a bill into the big glass then flew off. I have a lot of experience with birds and Ravens are smart, but am impressed by that part. That's a lot to ask of a bird. So I'm wondering if it could have been CG? The Raven part was very fast, several frames and then gone out of frame.
Cordon said something about it being his Raven. That could have been a joke. Seriously, even with the necessary training, birds often hesitate or go somewhere else, when with lights and an audience. Anybody hear of Blaine working with Raven's before?
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
177 Posts

Profile of R.S.
I also saw that. I don't think it was CG. Besides, I don't know how you could pull off the CG with a live studio audience. And I haven't heard of Blaine working with birds either. But knowing that Blaine is famous for pushing the envelope and trying unique things, I'm not surprised that he would have put in the work to pull off this one trick.

Now to digress a bit... I think a more plausible presentation would have been to scatter the ashes of the burnt bill in the air, rather than to have Corden drink the water/ashes solution. Scattering the ashes to the wind would make it more reasonable to infer that the raven somehow captured/reassembled the ashes. There just seems to be too much of a disconnect between seeing the bill get swallowed by Corden followed by a bird revelation.

That being said, it's still a great trick and Blaine is always entertaining. For those who haven't seen it, you should check it out on YT.
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Fedora
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona, usa
425 Posts

Profile of Fedora
David mentioned in his most resent special that he's training birds,
he also did a card trick in the special with what I believe was a hawk.
Fedora
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona, usa
425 Posts

Profile of Fedora
This is the special,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuG8AcII58

Skip to about the 19 minute mark for the bird stuff.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Thanks man. On the one with the Raven, some big wigs told me it was real and not CG. I guess Ravens are real smart. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine on Cordon's show a few nights ago. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL