The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blessing by Nikolas Mavresis (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jon Strum
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jon Strum
I liked this the moment I saw the performance video. Although my presentation is not the same as the one we’ve all watched, the effect remains the same, and I think I’ve learned a few things through multiple performances.

Magicians in the audience tend to get restless because they’re focused on the trick itself and don’t care about the short readings. However, the muggles in the audience love those readings, and the short readings somehow further authenticate the magic at the end. And although transferring the top card to the bottom of the spectator’s packet of cards multiple times seems straightforward and easy, it requires careful monitoring. With multiple spectators, this can become a bit challenging.

Having said that, I still fully recommend this trick. The pain/glory ratio makes it a real winner.

The minor concerns I’ve mentioned are only based upon my own performances in front of real audiences in the real world. Your mileage may vary.
"Do you like card tricks?" he asked.
I said no. He did five.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4649 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2022, Jon Strum wrote:
I liked this the moment I saw the performance video. Although my presentation is not the same as the one we’ve all watched, the effect remains the same, and I think I’ve learned a few things through multiple performances.

Magicians in the audience tend to get restless because they’re focused on the trick itself and don’t care about the short readings. However, the muggles in the audience love those readings, and the short readings somehow further authenticate the magic at the end. And although transferring the top card to the bottom of the spectator’s packet of cards multiple times seems straightforward and easy, it requires careful monitoring. With multiple spectators, this can become a bit challenging.

Having said that, I still fully recommend this trick. The pain/glory ratio makes it a real winner.

The minor concerns I’ve mentioned are only based upon my own performances in front of real audiences in the real world. Your mileage may vary.

Mmmm I am usually ok with self sort of working card tricks which use Math, cards put to the bottom,Will the Kings Match comes to mind, reading between the lines in this post, is it more Memory and more Math involved ?.thinking of getting this but my memory is not great.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
480 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
[quote]On Oct 27, 2022, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:
Mmmm I am usually ok with self sort of working card tricks which use Math, cards put to the bottom,Will the Kings Match comes to mind, reading between the lines in this post, is it more Memory and more Math involved ?.thinking of getting this but my memory is not great.

Been a while since this turned up but playing round with it I changed the force method to the one used in Michael Breggars trick 'Bad Bikes', original a Nick Trost idea, I think, using 4 dice (instead of 3).
I did not really like the 'cards put to the bottom' handling, but this 4 dice method, I thought, fitted in better.
And you get enough cards and wooden discs too with the 'Blessing' trick.
You need an extra, fourth die though, but the more fancy dice that come with the original trick are not hard to find in 'dice stores' on the Internet, if you absolutely want the same kind. I found mine here: https://www.diceshop.se/en/
'Bad Bikes' by Michael Breggar is sold by Kaymar Magic, among others.
Just an idea...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blessing by Nikolas Mavresis (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL