The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Effects with a Looney Tunes Feel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
770 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
What effects are on the market that have a Looney Tunes / cartoon feel or theme?

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of noland
Looney Tunes ceased making cartoons over 50 years ago. Do contemporary kids even recognize Looney Tunes characters?
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
770 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2022, noland wrote:
Looney Tunes ceased making cartoons over 50 years ago. Do contemporary kids even recognize Looney Tunes characters?

They are classic and funny for a reason. I was not trying to find effects that deal with Looney Tunes, but rather effects that go with a theme of it.

I saw awhile back a TNT Chinese sticks. That is in that spirit.

I hope that helps.

Also they just made a new space jam movie not that long ago.
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
391 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2022, noland wrote:

Looney tunes continues to be in production, here's the wiki
for the current cartoon on hbo max,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Cartoons

The next episode is a Halloween special and premiers September 29th.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of noland
I stand corrected.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1077 Posts

Profile of Russo
Loony tunes can be found on many childrens TV Stations PBS I Like the cartoon program " Molly of Denali " better. Very Educational and FUN.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
331 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Wolfs magic
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
770 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2022, ellisd wrote:
Wolfs magic

I don't disagree, but it's hard to find his items in stock.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3783 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's the attractive (and very rare) Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd Hippity-Hop type apparatus crafted by Don Redmon. Unfortunately only 55 sets were ever made (proprietary legal concerns over the images), but occasionally a set does appear on one of the auction sites.

Julie
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1077 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hippity Hops are a lot f fun and if you can wood work & draw ( or have a friend that can) - make any characters you want. - I made a set that are "Play Boy Bunnies" >whistle< - though I can't do them for Kids - ha ha ha
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
770 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Thanks for the info. I think more you can get stickers made as long as you have the computer drawings.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3783 Posts

Profile of Julie
The original Elmer Fudd & Bugs Bunny has a "fooled" and "again" gold on black default message for the sucker finish. With all the computer printing abilities available today, I'll bet an imaginative 21st Century Conjuror can come up with a much more colorful (and funnier) audience friendly finish. (Even custom created for a particular storyline or product. The mind boggles! Smile )

Julie
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
770 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Julie just talking out loud. But the two switching spots could be the road runner and an acme rocket. The two others would be a boom and a blown up coyote.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3783 Posts

Profile of Julie
Agreed! I also like the cleverness behind Chance Wolf's (and others) unexpected finish when it is revealed there is a funny figure on the backs that is revealed when the performer positions the two uprights immediately adjacent to one another (the back of each upright is HALF of the final drawing).

Don't forget The Monster, The Abominable Snowman and the Tasmanian Devil PLUS Marvin the Martian and that Yosemite Sam character. Smile

Julie
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3372 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Effects with a Looney Tunes Feel (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL