The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What are some strong card effects that happen in the spectators hand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
hocopoco
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hocopoco
I agree with Munger.

Bill Malone's version of the Throw Change / Alpha Toss, called "My Favorite Opener" is quick, visual and the magic happens in their hands.

Never fails to get the desired response. Never.
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Ultimate transpo can`t be beat.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Blaine two card monte with half a deck.
Show all the cards are red then have them end up with two black aces
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Quote:
On 2004-11-07 05:47, andrew martin wrote:
When the cards are in the spectators hands how do handle them from not exposing them prematurely?
Like Doc Daley's last card trick.

I do Wilson's version called Weighted Aces. I have done this hundreds of times and I don't remember when a spectator has tried to prematurely turned over the cards.

One part of audience management is to give clear instructions to the spectator. In this routine there is a time when I have put the two black aces in their hands and I don't want them to turn them over before I finish my patter and reveal that the black cards have jumped into my hands. Since they think that I have placed the spade on the bottom of the club, and because the routine requires that I try to help the spectator to get the heavier ace (spade) to jump to the top, I have the spectator place their left forefinger on the top of the two cards. I have them do this because I will have them jerk their hands up and down in an attempt to get the heavier ace to jump to the top—which, of course, happens in my hand. Their cards are red. But having them put their other finger on top keeps them from turning them over. Sometimes they actually ask permission to turn their cards over, after I have revealed the spade on top of the club in my hand.

In any case, after a while, spectators will just stop being contrary, at least in most cases, and it won't be a problem. I think it has something to do with being confident--and very clear in your instructions.
Chris
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
Is there a printed version of Brookke's Versa-Plus available?

gene
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Jay Sankey has a couple of very strong card effects that come to my mind - it's Carbon Paper and Penality Box. The first one invovles the scorched card transfers to the spec. card in his/her hand; and the second one is where an apparent selected card by the spec. jumps from the card box to a stack of cards that the spec. is holding.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Eddie Fetcher's "Be Honest, What Is It?" or the "Two Card Monte" as everyone mistakingly calls it. Smile

<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Yup
Dr Daley's Last Trick

Double Back- Jon Allen

Two Card monte

Ambitious card
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Dr. Daley isn't bad...

My most often used routine which gets a pretty big reaction is
Chad Long's "Shuffling Lesson"
Herrick, Jeff
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Herrick, Jeff
Omni Deck is Great
I'm not looking to be a big star in magic
and that's working out REALLY good so far.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
STOP - Harry Lorayne

You never even touch the cards, yet you reveal the selected card. I love it!!
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Michael Sullivan
View Profile
New user
Australia
86 Posts

Profile of Michael Sullivan
I like "Anniversary waltz" and "Cards Across"

Michael
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-10-03 20:29, Herrick, Jeff wrote:
Omni Deck is Great

I second this. Martin Sanderson has a great routine using Omni Deck. However, his routine is where the OD is held by the magician and not the spec.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Chicago Surprise.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I do a signed card transposition - that gets the strongest reaction (for me). Both cards are signed, and then they "switch places." The spec is holding their card in between their palms.

Kaylan
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
I love Astounding Appearence from World's Best Card Tricks by Bob Longe. Oh, the screams...
*poof*
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Lorayne's Lazy Man's Card Trick is diabolical and fun to do. The spec handles the cards the whole time. Not exactly impromptu but the set up is quick and easy.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Dan Garret has some great in the hands card magic....don't remember the name, but he causes the card to vanish ala rub a dub dub on the back of a spectators hand and appear inside between two aces which were sandwiched previously....Kills! The way the card dissappears into the spectators hand is spooky!

Sean Macfarlane
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
"Quantum Theory" by Jack Carpenter
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2004-07-11 11:03, jacob boehme wrote:
It does not happen in the spectator's hands, but I like Dai Vernon's Triumph effect - it always goes across very weell and once I did it threee times again and still they did not kknow how it was done.

jay sankeys 180 degrees involves the spectator because he can shuffle.

I never figured out the real name of it but on crash course vol 1 the trick is called: here than there. this the most powerful ion the hands trick for them. more impossible to them than 2 card monte for example.
ray cosby's half right is very good too.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What are some strong card effects that happen in the spectators hand? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL