The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any rockhounds? Looking to ID a rock. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Found by a river between Durango and Silverton, Colorado. Just trying to get some idea of what it might be. Seems rather metallic, in some respects. Any thoughts appreciated.

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It looks like a gold nugget to me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2022, tommy wrote:
It looks like a gold nugget to me.

LOL, why is that not surprising to me Smile

I did have it ID'd. Just a rock partially covered w/ melted metal (was found along train tracks). Magnets adhere to it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oh, right, it is merely Bartolomeo Bosco’s old magic wand. The wand was made out of a strange amalgam of metals known only to himself and Erasmus of Rotterdam. After Bosco’s death, the wand was stolen by a ginger-haired railway fireman, who threw it into a locomotive’s fire box to see if it would make the old steam engine go faster but it blew up in his face. And that was the end of the story until now.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2022, tommy wrote:
Oh, right, it is merely Bartolomeo Bosco’s old magic wand. The wand was made out of a strange amalgam of metals known only to himself and Erasmus of Rotterdam. After Bosco’s death, the wand was stolen by a ginger-haired railway fireman, who threw it into a locomotive’s fire box to see if it would make the old steam engine go faster but it blew up in his face. And that was the end of the story until now.

And I just noticed the word "Chopped" engraved in small letters in an inconspicuous area of the rock!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The word chopped relates to food more often than not and so perhaps it is partly a can of chopped tomatoes or something.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any rockhounds? Looking to ID a rock. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL