The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brett Sherwood Cups revisited (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Brett Sherwood has a display of his entire line of cups at the IBM convention in Cleveland.

I already own a set of the engraved silver cups as well as the smooth copper cups. This afternoon, after much soul searching, I broke down and purchased the gold engraved ones. WOW!!! these are way cool.

What wonderful cups this man makes!!!

Pictures will be on the web site in a couple of weeks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You dirty dog... say hi the Sherwood for me.

Also, is Ali Bongo there? If so say hi too. He had heart surgery a short time ago, but said he was going to try to make it to IBM.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Just got my copper "smoothies" in the mail this week. I am in awe--they're even more perfect than I'd imagined. I was also astonished that they're *smaller* than I thought they'd be. I'd have been willing to wager serious money that a tennis ball wouldn't fit in. But even though they appear smaller, they're plenty heavy. Good, solid cups. I can see the beginning of a long relationship...

Now, how to convince the wife I just can't live without the silver ones...
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Bill,

Do you own any of the Porper Cups? If so, which one would you recommend?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I think Bill owns every set of cups on the market! (And many long off the market). Heck, I think Bill has all the cups. He should really start a museum.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Porper is ALMOST out of his cups and may not make any more for a long time, with the market saturated right now.

I would go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and place an order NOW.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I will take a trip back up to the dealers room if I can and say hello to the Sherwoods. Most of the dealers have already packed up, but they still had their clamp lights on the table when I finished moving my goodies out.

Bongo is here, and looking very well. He is a delightful fellow, and seems to be in fine spirits.

MarcoM is also here, helping me in the booth.

Regarding the Porper cups, I have the brass ones and the cocobolo ones. All of Joe's cups are really nice. Get whatever set you can get your hands on. The boxes are as much a work of art as the cups are! And remember, they also come with a wand that is a work of art.

Auke Van Dokkum is also here. Paul Gertner showed up last night and visited Auke's booth. This morning, he demonstrated his steel ball routine with a set of the brass Van Dokkum cups, which he subsequently purchased. They ring like a bell. Now he needs to purchase a bigger steel ball to use with this routine!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I'd LOVE to buy Joe's cups! They look beautiful, like the rest of his products. Too bad the only thing on his whole website I can afford is his cardclip....sigh.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Nice story about Paul Gertner and van Dokkum. I'll bet he's proud as hell when he comes back!
It is just one of those plugs a manufacturer loves!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-07-04 01:06, Jordini wrote:
...the only thing on his whole website I can afford is his cardclip....

Buy it, it's the best.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Yes Bill does own every cup in the world. He recently did a mini-lecture on his cups at one of the local meetings here. He had like 12 cups on the table and secretly loaded all of them and then did a huge finale revealing all of them. It was awesome. Don't think I've ever seen a 12 cup and balls routine before. haha Smile
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Well, not EVERY cup in the world. I'm still looking for a set of Ross Bertram cups, hallmarked, with bag.

But thanks for the kind words on the 12 cup routine. I'll have something equally interesting for the next IBM Ring 39 meeting.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Too bad these didn't come out before I got married. There's just no way in hell I can talk my wife into letting me shell out a grand for some cups. Those cups are incredible though.
trenchant
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of trenchant
But, ixnay, look at it this way: the cups will last for millennia, if treated properly. Wives, on the other hand...
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I just got up from my computer to go kiss my wife (who bought me a set of the Gold Sherwood's last Christmas).
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My wife bought me the silver Sherwood cups for Christmas last year. While I was at the convention, I took my wife over to Brett's table and showed her the gold cups. I said, "What do you think?"

She said, "I'm surprised you haven't gotten them already. They are really beautiful."

Of course, now I have to get her a nice piece of joolry! Maybe one of those new Himber rings.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
My wife said-- for $1000, there's only three?

-- Frank
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Frank, you should have told her that a Rolls-Royce Phantom is $320,000 and you get only one!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 20:51, Bill Palmer wrote:
My wife bought me the silver Sherwood cups for Christmas last year. While I was at the convention, I took my wife over to Brett's table and showed her the gold cups. I said, "What do you think?"

She said, "I'm surprised you haven't gotten them already. They are really beautiful."

Of course, now I have to get her a nice piece of joolry! Maybe one of those new Himber rings.

Bill, does your wife have a single sister that is just like her?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No, I got the only one. She is the solid gold, engraved version.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brett Sherwood Cups revisited (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL