The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Andre Kole (Robert J. Gurtler) has passed on.... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1589 Posts

Profile of JNeal
The family released this statement:

"Robert J. Gurtler
On October 17th, 2022 Robert J. Gurtler passed away peacefully in his sleep after a long and valiant battle with Alzheimer’s.

A native of Mesa Arizona, he had just recently turned 86. Professionally known as André Kole, he became world renowned as not only a performer, but one of the foremost creators of magical effects. His genius was utilized by stage and television stars David Copperfield, Siegfried & Roy, Doug Henning, as well as countless other magicians throughout the world. At seven years old one of his fathers business associates showed the young Bob Gurtler a coin trick, which sparked his interest. By fourteen he created The Gurtler Magic Company.

The pivotal moment of his life came when at twenty five he was challenged to investigate the miracles of Christ from the point of view of an illusionist. This led to the next fifty plus years touring his show, ‘André Kole’s World of Illusion’ in all fifty states as well as eighty countries under the banner of Campus Crusade for Christ International. He not only presented a full evening magic and illusion show, but audiences were given the opportunity (if they wished) to hear and witness through a unique presentation, why he believed Jesus Christ was exactly who he claimed to be. Robert (André) shared the Gospel with an estimated ten million people in live performances, with approximately a million of those indicating their choice to follow Christ via comment cards.

There is currently a full length documentary and a limited docu-series being produced with Robert (André) as the central character focussing on another aspect of his career, investigating and debunking supernatural phenomena and paranormal activity.
Robert is survived by his wife Kathryne, daughters Robyn and Stacey, his son Tim, and his grandchildren Dustin, Dillon, Colin, Camden, and Skyler. As well as his brother Dr. Richard Gurtler and his family. Loved by thousands around the world, Robert will always be remembered as the Magic Warrior for Christ."

For those of us who saw him work... or shared his friendship... he will be very much missed....

Click here to view attached image.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, JNeal. I live not too far away from him, and have been wondering about Andre and his whereabouts...
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2923 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
My condolences and prayers for his family and loved ones.
I remember going to one of his shows in the mid '90s. What a great experience that was. I enjoyed his show more than I did David Copperfield 's.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1762 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
What a great testimony and life story. I look forward to meeting him.

https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0E0BM1NU
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2880 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
What a great testimony there on GodTube! I wish everyone would understand what he was saying in that testimony and would at least give Jesus a chance! It would be so wonderful. And I know Mr Andre Kole is so happy now and very grateful he made the right choice! Can't wait to see him up there.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4171 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Amen, Eric.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Andre Kole (Robert J. Gurtler) has passed on.... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL