The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Publicity stunt's research... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Hi guy's, I need to come up with a good publicity stunt to promote a show on the 31st of August, so I do not have alot of time to prepare...but then that's part of the game. Smile

So I am willing to pay ( discuss privately ) for any interesting ideas!

So PM me PLEASE...and I only need to understand the basic idea of your stunts ...this way, I will need the complete things to pay...this way you will not think you can just give me food for my thoughts.

Hope I found some great idea here..and I am sure...

So contact me, and I will send you some more information if you are really interested. Like my character for example, what I can do, and what kind of things I want or don't want to present.

Thanks a lot!

Take care,

KUFFS
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
I have an idea that I have worked out.

EFFECT:
For years magicians have used escapes to capture their audiences imaginations. But I think "outside the box" so to speak. When Others Zig, I Zag. So tonight, I will do just the opposite. I will peirce the veil of the unaccessable. Thats right...I will Break Into... A Bank Vault. Locked away inside this vault is a $100 bill. It has been signed by the Bank Manager and was on display this entire week. Tonight they locked it away inside safe deposit box #231 and secured it in place behind the Vault Door. It is up to me...to retrieve it...!

What do you think?
Movies like "The Great Train Robbery", "The Thomas Crown Affair" and "Oceans Eleven" prove that breaking into forbidden places can be just as effective as escaping from places. This is an area of magic that has never been explored before.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
If I'm not mistaken, this premise has found its way into publication before -- I believe in either "Confessions of a Psychic" or "Further Confessions of a Psychic," Karl Fulves outlined the concept and method for a psychic to retrieve an item the client/spectator has locked away in a combination safe.

I think it is safe to say that there are very few "areas in magic that have never been explored before."

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen it published before. Also, I've even seen a "magician breaking into a vault effect" on a television show, albeit a kid's cartoon. For you Canadians out there, it was in an episode of "the Raccoons"

Cheers,
dchung
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
People...I'm pretty sure blurr is pulling your legs.

Good God,... Magicians, will fuss at a drop of Tump-Tip.

E-Leoni.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Thanks you all of you that have sent PMs...so many....wow !!!!! thanks again....

Now I will see how the ideas look in the real world.....loll

take care

kuffs
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
The getting into the safe was often performed by DUnninger. Guest author would put a new book in the safe. Dunninger would not only guess the safe number but also the name of the book. He used other variations as well. I think Kreskin did the same.

I also think it was part of a movie about a mentalist but I may be crosswiring my thought here.

Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 12:58, mysticz wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this premise has found its way into publication before -- I believe in either "Confessions of a Psychic" or "Further Confessions of a Psychic," Karl Fulves outlined the concept

Karl Fulves was certainly a versatile fellow.However, I believe the 'confessions' were penned by one 'Uriah Fuller' aka Martin Gardner?

best wishes
Huw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Publicity stunt's research... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL