The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver retention vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Has anyone heard any updates on when Mickey might have his DVD on the retention pass ready?
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
218 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
If I know Mickey like I think I do, he'll reply when he reads this. So, hang tight.
Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
Mr Silver is really nice but he's probably too busy to be responding to all these posts about when his DVD is coming. There are a few of 'em now and no for certain word from Mr Silver yet.

You know what I think though? I think when it comes out we will all know right away I think it will be the first topics we see here.
ask harry why he dont want people to know he makes $200 a month for all these ads! thats like $4000 a month! oh but SHHH! harry isnt a real person!
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
It is as yet uncertain that a DVD will *be* coming. I for one would appreciate the performer who chooses to release his works in another way this day in age.

In fact, I would applaud Mickey the most if he simply chose not to release his works to the public at all.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Really, so then how would you have learned anything? Through books that don't exist or videos that don't exist...and who would the teachers be?? No one because no one would know?

Knowledge is precious and it's a good thing that we are willing to share, isn't it?

koz
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
A couple of months ago, Mickey told me he was looking to have the DVD out by October, but, like I said, that was a while ago and could have changed. We'll just have to be patient and let Mickey release it as his schedule allows. In the meantime, I'm having fun trying to come up with my own version of the move.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1666 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I don't think anyone should be working on the "SUV" or ANY of MICKEY's routines or ideas until he's released them. Unless Mickey has given permission to do so.

I've seen on other forums other are working on Mickey's stuff, and to me, it's following along the path of those who took Jonathan Townsend's "VCA" and turned it into "3 Fly" without Mr. Townsend's permission.

Just my opinion.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Joe, I agree, until it's out it's not anyone's other than the creator. But, once it's out, and you have bought that DVD, it's now yours to do with as you please...
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
I have seen the SUV in action and he even taught me and a bunch of guys the mechanics of the sleight. There is no earth shattering revolutionary sleight going on here guys. It is just plain old hard work.

Hope you guys realize that you can't just buy the secret and all of a sudden be the master at it.

In the end, you will have to go through all the trial and errors that Mickey probably went through to get the final result. The only thing great about having a video of the final version is that you have something to work towards.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
It's a retention vanish like other ones taught but he claims his is a bit better. If he is as good as everyone says I wouldn't mind listening to his tips to get better at this sort of vanish but you are right, it's not some revolutionary thing.
ask harry why he dont want people to know he makes $200 a month for all these ads! thats like $4000 a month! oh but SHHH! harry isnt a real person!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Let me jump in here. First of all, Mickey never taught anyone his retention vanish LiquidSN he may of showed you a vanish as he did at the LVMI but it wasn't his Real Suv.
You are correct in saying it will take hard work, for those who haven't seen his vanish or his spit fly, Mickey's SUV is the best on the planet.

Martin Nash said and I quote, he "has seen Slydini and Goshman and Mickey's coin work is superior to both of them."

Vinny
Ps Mickey will start filming this month.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Vinny, knowing both Liquid SN and Mickey Silver, I'd be careful about saying what people did and didn't do, with regard to events where you were not present.

Re: Revolutionary. I have the utmost respect for Mickey and his work. Seems to me though that to be revolutionary, coin magic would have to be open handed, motivated, and look moveless...

It's some *** fine looking stuff, though.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mithrandir, not sure what you meant by saying (be careful what I say about people did or did not do).

What I am saying is Mickey never released his Suv to any one.
Mickey visited me several months ago. He told me that he never showed or revealed his SUV to any one not even me...
I hope Mickey answers this post,but I know he is having problems with his computer.

I was present at the magic castle when Martin Nash said that Mickey's work was superior to Slydini and Goshman.

Also I with you hope Mickey never releases his retention vanish and I mean no disrespect to LiquidSn I am just reporting what Mickey told me.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1058 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Reverse engineering worked for the Soviet Union...

Well, kinda.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
I think you are trying to say that the bad guys will do reverse engineering but it's kind of not nice to say "it's wrong to reverse engineer" that way I think.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
What kind of retention was he doing when he was doing coin in mouth and the slot machine? was that not the SUV? If not I am interested to see what is this "SUV" is. maybe I am thinking of the wrong vanish?

Or is the SUV just when he shows the coin is still in the "hand"? as I saw on the online demo?
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1058 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Cruise,

Reverse engineering is not bad as such... my point was that sometimes reverse engineering doesn't acheive the same results as the origninators.

Didn't mean that one who reverse engineers is a bad guy... I think it's smart to try to figure out how things are done...

If you get the same results as Micky Silver, I think you'd be a genius. His stuff is goooooood. I meant it as a compliment to Micky, not a slam to thinking magicians... I'm sorry it sounded that way.

have fun.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6698 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Mickey's SUV is not just a Retention Vanish, as such. It is a combination of things, shift of weight, eye contact, on the off-beat timing, a playful attitude, an "I believe the coin is still there, do you?" demeanor.

Many things make up Mickey's unique magic. Mickey inspired me to study more...greats like Rubinstein, Roth, and most recently, Stone. I may not do Mickey's SUV, but I must say, after all this time, my Ramsey and my retention vanish...plus my utility switches are MILES ahead now.

If I never learn Mickey's SUV, he's help me kick my OWN up a few notches! Smile

Gratefully,

Doug
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
521 Posts

Profile of canaday
Mickey dropped by my office this morning and said that his computer has gone to computer heaven. If I get a chance this week, I'll take a look at it for him. If it can't be repaired, he's ready to buy a new one. Everyone should be patient. He hasn't forgotten you. Also, he also may have shown a few people a very nice retention vanish, but guaranteed, it's not the SUV.

Jim Canaday
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jim thank you for reenmforcing what I said that Mickey never taught his SUV.
Just because one e mails him this does notcount as knowing him..
I know him personally and I know the way he thinks.
he Never showed his retention vanish SUV to any one/

vinny
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver retention vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL