The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cabinet of Curiosities (62 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Hey Peeps!

After watching the series from Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities series I’ve been newly introduced to this idea I later found out was common among the bizarre. While I look to make my own over time I’d love to see what some of yours looks like! Anyone got any spooky stuff or beautiful cabinet pieces you’d be willing to show photos of? I searched and couldn’t find any from bizarre performers and figured y’all would have something unique Smile.

Stay Spooky,

Bernardo
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3785 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2022, Bernardo Rodriguez wrote:
Hey Peeps!

After watching the series from Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities series I’ve been newly introduced to this idea I later found out was common among the bizarre. While I look to make my own over time I’d love to see what some of yours looks like! Anyone got any spooky stuff or beautiful cabinet pieces you’d be willing to show photos of? I searched and couldn’t find any from bizarre performers and figured y’all would have something unique Smile.

Stay Spooky,

Bernardo

I have the Cabinet de los Muertos, which is a beautiful piece of art. Also have Crookes Residual Ectometron, another beautiful piece. There is something special about a piece of art produced by an actual artist than by yourself, unless you happen to have those skills. Of course the downside is it is usually pretty expensive.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3868 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Https://www.surnateum.com/#intro

A little peek into a part of mine.

The desk

Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 18, 2022, The Curator wrote:
Https://www.surnateum.com/#intro

A little peek into a part of mine.

The desk

Wow that’s awesome! Like a whole room of curiosities haha!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3868 Posts

Profile of The Curator
There are 4 rooms filled with hundreds of incredible items at the Surnateum.

Flore, the spirit doll

and her "magic kit" from the early 1900's

Necklace from a viking witch (völva, circa 930 CE)

a ghost hunter toolkit

Jinn killer nails

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3785 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Thanks curator, I don't feel so bad now.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
565 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Oh Curator! I've seen so many pictures of your beautiful collection over the years and each time I spot something else that I hadn't noticed before that just takes my breath away!

We all have to start somewhere Bernardo. This my own humble cabinet that I have built up over the years. The joy is knowing that everything in there has a story behind it and has the ability to put a big smile on my face at the magical reaction it can cause in others.

I'm also very fortunate to know that a number of the little poppets in coffins that I create reside in some of the most incredible cabinets of curiosity around the world.

Maker of Magical Poppets - www.rocktroll.co.uk
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
565 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Dearest Curator,

Mistress Hulda Crowsigh of The Hookland Doll Emporium spotted this little one hiding in the Surnateum and wishes to know its story please?

Mistress Crowsigh rescues, repairs and re-homes poppets, dolls and magical fabric creations from around the world at www.feralfibres.co.uk

Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 20, 2022, Bogbadger wrote:
Oh Curator! I've seen so many pictures of your beautiful collection over the years and each time I spot something else that I hadn't noticed before that just takes my breath away!

We all have to start somewhere Bernardo. This my own humble cabinet that I have built up over the years. The joy is knowing that everything in there has a story behind it and has the ability to put a big smile on my face at the magical reaction it can cause in others.

I'm also very fortunate to know that a number of the little poppets in coffins that I create reside in some of the most incredible cabinets of curiosity around the world.

Love it! I’m aware to get to this level it takes time, but I agree on them all having a story! Thanks for sharing peeps! Smile
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3868 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Some of my favorites, for the pleasure of your eyes

Suitcase containing items from 1917 Russia (the Russian Princess)

The perfectly documented Vampire killing kit.

Milady's dagger

Brisingamen

Rare vampire documents

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10777 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
Hey Peeps!

Stay Spooky,

Bernardo

I have the Cabinet de los Muertos, which is a beautiful piece of art. Also have Crookes Residual Ectometron, another beautiful piece. There is something special about a piece of art produced by an actual artist than by yourself, unless you happen to have those skills. Of course the downside is it is usually pretty expensive.

I have the cabinet as well - hmmm ok I'll play here are some shots from my sanctum sanctorum with many of my goodies including a cabinet of curiosities of course!

A Cabinet of Curiosities

Library Case

Book Holders

Spirits

Some Bell Jar Exhibits

More Displays

More cases

"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3868 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2022, Bogbadger wrote:
Dearest Curator,

Mistress Hulda Crowsigh of The Hookland Doll Emporium spotted this little one hiding in the Surnateum and wishes to know its story please?

Mistress Crowsigh rescues, repairs and re-homes poppets, dolls and magical fabric creations from around the world at www.feralfibres.co.uk

It's a Kafigeledjo figure (Senufo), an oracle doll.

More here: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/310949
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10777 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
And some more for good luck

Yet More Displays

Cabinet de les Muertos closed

Cabinet de les Muertos Open

Rascar Capac replica

Mummy Hand used for a prediction chest of Egyptian style

Weighing of the Heart Masks

Odds and Ends

More Odds and Ends

King in Yellow and other stuff

Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 20, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
Hey Peeps!

Stay Spooky,

Bernardo

I have the cabinet as well - hmmm ok I'll play here are some shots from my sanctum sanctorum with many of my goodies including a cabinet of curiosities of course!

A Cabinet of Curiosities

Library Case

Book Holders

Spirits

Some Bell Jar Exhibits

More Displays

More cases

Holy Crap!! Love the Mystic Seer! Are all of those shelves in one room?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5007 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Can someone shoot me a PM on how to post pictures now? My old method no longer works since the Café went down awhile back.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10777 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yes, its actually one big long room - I wanted my office to be a homage to a Night Gallery atmosphere - ehehhe thank goodness for blurred backgrounds and etc. for ZOOM/TEAM meetings so I don't scare regular people in meetings hohoho
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
565 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2022, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Can someone shoot me a PM on how to post pictures now? My old method no longer works since the Café went down awhile back.

Instructions sent by DM Oz
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
565 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2022, The Curator wrote:
Quote:
On

It's a Kafigeledjo figure (Senufo), an oracle doll.

More here: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/310949

Thank you Curator! Absolutely fascinating!
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5007 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2022, Bogbadger wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2022, Wizard of Oz wrote:

Instructions sent by DM Oz

Thank you so much Bogbadger!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3868 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I love the mix between contemporary figures from movies and original antique artefacts.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cabinet of Curiosities (62 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL