The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Crane - T-Ran (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
685 Posts

Profile of canaday
The Vault - The Crane - T-Ran
$10.00
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73408

The Hype:
Level up your social media channels with effects that seem truly impossible!

The bill transforms into a paper crane and then takes flight!

Easy to perform.

Easy to build.

Limited only by your imagination.

Note: For social media only.

My Take:
Origami (Japanese for "paper folding") is an art you have probably played with in the past. If you ever folded a paper airplane the process is similar. I have seen some incredibly beautiful creations done with Origami. It is all over the Internet and Kuniko Yamamoto, the widow of John Leclair who wrote "Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread", even runs an Origami studio in Sarasota.

T-Ran has taken the iconic Crane origami for this routine. However, you can pretty well choose which origami figure you would like to use. Once the gimmick is made, it will probably be one of the easiest routines you do.

You will probably have to make a visit to Hobby Lobby for one of the items.There is also an item needed which you will not have but it is readily available on Amazon. The construction is not complicated at all. the only thing I would mention is that when he folds the crane, he goes a little fast and you might have a bit of trouble following that. However, Youtube offers many tutorials on folding the crane so that should prove to be no problem.

Clothing is an issue that is addressed. A certain type of shirt must be worn to effect the vanish of the bill. And, here is a place where you must make a decision. T-Ran requires you to scan a dollar bill and make three copies. The problem is that this is against federal law. A lot of printers will recognize that the image is currency and refuse to print it. I tried a dollar bill and it worked fine. You will have to decide on your own if this is something you would like to do. However, it is a very pretty routine so you can use fake money, foreign currency or even use real bills. (It will cost you $3.00)

This is a routine you will enjoy doing. The trick utilizes a principle that I first saw Henry Evens use in a lecture 15-20 years ago. Since then I have seen many others use it even on television shows. It takes no skill and looks great.

My conclusion on this is that it is a very nice, easy to do routine that will definitely fool your audience. The ten buck price tag make it a very affordable routine to do. As I said, the only downside is copying currency but that is your decision.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Crane - T-Ran (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL