We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Back Palming More Than One Card - Advice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2860 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2002-11-05 01:00, Jeb Sherrill wrote:
It will sound silly, but the best advice I can give is: just keep practicing and adding another card. There's no real secret. You just keep doing it until your hand adapts to more and more cards.

Right on the button. Many years ago I was able to bp half a Bike deck with gloves on, and produce a string of huge fans and then a string of singles. My secret? Sit on the bed or the sofa (more comfortable than sitting on the floor Smile ), and put something on the TV that will take your mind off the drudgery. Then just keep doing it over and over; your bp'ing muscles will get stronger as you go.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 21:13, George Ledo wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-11-05 01:00, Jeb Sherrill wrote:
It will sound silly, but the best advice I can give is: just keep practicing and adding another card. There's no real secret. You just keep doing it until your hand adapts to more and more cards.

Right on the button. Many years ago I was able to bp half a Bike deck with gloves on, and produce a string of huge fans and then a string of singles. My secret? Sit on the bed or the sofa (more comfortable than sitting on the floor Smile ), and put something on the TV that will take your mind off the drudgery. Then just keep doing it over and over; your bp'ing muscles will get stronger as you go.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

George,

What excellent, excellent advice. I learned Thurston's Five Card Routine and the interlaced production on my back while my family watched TV. Keep in mind that was learning the mechanics of the sleights. I had to get off my lazy butt to block the routines.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Back Palming More Than One Card - Advice? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL