The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » spoon bending party (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
as a kid, I saw a show on public television about how to host a spoon-bending party. the idea was that if you get enough people in the same room trying to bend spoons "mentally," sooner or later it will just happen. well, I am about to buy banachek's video, but before I do, I can't resist hosting a spoon-bending party to see if the "real thing" is possible. My wife and I are gonna take a box full of old silverware to my Grandmother's house and hand them out. it will be happening this Saturday, and on Monday I'll provide a detailed account, so that all of you can either marvel or more likely laugh out loud at me for being a hopelessly naive fool.

cheers,

ben
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4606 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
If you have a few 'gifted' individuals at your party, you should have a few bent spoons afterwards.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
If you're really interested in this sort of thing, Kenton has an extensive essay on hosting Bending Parties (similarly to PSI Parties) in his book An Enchanted Evening.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
477 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
As well as Kenton's booklet there's also a video by veteran bending-party host Jack Houck, here: http://www.epinions.com/mvie_mu-1010850/display_~full_specs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » spoon bending party (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL