The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Stiff Bicycle cards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
Hi Everyone,

Is it me or are modern Standard Bicycle decks just too stiff? I'm finding it really difficult to do a decent in-the-hands riffle shuffle out of the box and despite spending time working them in they never seem to get significantly softer.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
It’s not you. The store quality Bikes have been more stiff since operations moved to Erlanger (circa 2009 or 2010? I can’t recall for certain). The Richard Turner gold seals were as close as I could find to the old 808 Rider, blue seal quality of the Cincinnati days. The Turner decks are harder to come by now, so I gave the Elite Edition Bikes a whirl on Penguin and actually quite like them. They also come with a blank facer, double backer, and two identical Jokers.

I should mention - a relative bought me a brick from Costco for Christmas 2021 and the quality seemed better than years prior. However, in general the quality has never returned to what it once was. I’ve no insight into the quality control, variance, or distribution network, but when you find a deck you like, buy em in bulk!
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
Thanks for that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Stiff Bicycle cards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL