The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is there a market for ???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Is there a market for, say, Perrier bottles with a U.S. Quarter inside, permanently? Maybe shimmed so a magnet can hold it under the label until ???
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I don't know if there is a market for that but as a bartender I sure would like one with a beer bottle.....

tpdmagic
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I would love one. And if I would like one or more, then many other people would love this. This is similar to the ez2do cap in bottle....
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26994 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
First, I hope so. a GOOD quarter inside the bottle makes a great give away for REAL customers. A shimmed quarter that sounds RIGHT would be a great gaff for the usual trick.

This sounds close to what another guy did with a bottle cap. http://www.reyben.com ??
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The bottle cap in bottle is great, no question. But I have an idea on how to get a real quarter inside a bottle. Perrier, BEER it wouldn't matter.

The original thought, if I can do it cheap enough is you could give them away (if you can afford it) but you could just show it around and keep it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Let me know when you plan on releasing this...I would be interested...

tpdmagic
eric_e
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of eric_e
It does sound interesting, though now you've got all the new state quarters to contend with, not that that invalidates the idea, of course.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I would buy that . Steel core shimmed quarter definitely.
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
There's a market for everything... I mean ppl bought tamagotchis. it's all in the marketing.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I would buy it.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Eurocoins are magnetic. Might be worthwile to check out the european market for this as well. (For instance which are the most common bottles to use).
Nice idea! I'm interested.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4817 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I keep pretty busy and don't always get to participate in the various topics here on the Café. But, just saw this thread and had to reply.

Very interesting Pete, I have a Bud bottle I made with a shimmed fifty cent piece inside. Been using it for almost four years and it works great. The idea of manufacturing these in mass never occurred to me, since making them is not the easiest thing to do!
However, they work great using a TT with a magnet inside. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is there a market for ???? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL