The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flipper help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Hi, I just got back from Las Vegas and I got a flipper coin. How many rubber bands should I put around it, also how do I keep the bands from gettin out of the groove thanks
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
You should only put 1 rubber band. And they shouldn't be coming out of the groove since the groove is deep enough for a rubberband. If the rubberband gets really old, then just replace it, don't add any.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Yup...

My only addition to David's comments would be to consider putting two bands around it. I use one heavy duty coin band, and one smaller and thinner dental band. That way if one breaks, the other keeps things together. Put a small piece of tape on the ] and the inside of the insert so that it opens easier... two bands can create quite a tight ^coin Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-07-06 22:01, WildStone wrote:
I use one heavy duty coin band, and one smaller and thinner dental band. That way if one breaks, the other keeps things together.

Good advice.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Oh yeah, it makes it easier to change the bands if you use magicians wax to hold it together instead of superglue.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I am slow to add new props to my nearly normal programs.

Has anyone worked with a flipper quarter?

Although I do use Morgans and Liberty Halfs, I sometimes like to play with in use(USA) coins.

Off topic:

After reading Curtis K's 1996 book, I am thinking of getting a 21 cent "gimmick".

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Coin Guy
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
To make changing the bands faster and easier, I stick the gaff together with Scotch brand doublestick tape. The gaff has always held together, unless I try to pry it apart with a knife.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flipper help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL