The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STAR DRAWS by Matthew Wright (fun Blackpool sell out...organic, visual, easy to do) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
STAR DRAWS by Matthew Wright

Magically have a crayon transform to a spectator's chosen character!
https://magicnf.com/3994

*As always, Matthew provides great online instructions and routiens.
*Also includes for iPhone users, Matthew Wright's incredible system for forcing anything on your phone.
*Easy to do, great to perform to audiences of all ages.

ON PRESALE NOW.
Release: March 6th
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Now added to my "to buy" list for 2023.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
Jeid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Jeid
Are gimmicks made out of some sort of plastic, and not out of actual crayon material?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like a fun one. His Celebrikey is also good!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s good but I prefer the Lolly version, oh and the chewing gum version also.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Same here Pegasus
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I think I personally prefer this idea, really good thinking.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2023, pegasus wrote:
It’s good but I prefer the Lolly version, oh and the chewing gum version also.

This general plot is a great idea and always gets some good reactions. I agree, I like the lollipop and gum versions better. A lot easier to carry in strolling situations. Also, a crayon is very delicate and easy to break, would be a bummer to pay for this and have one of the crayons break.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
UPDATE TO NAME:

STAR DRAWS by Jamie Williams and Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Hey…. Just to let you guys know…. The crayons are waxy looking plastic…. Not wax so will not break.
I think the lolly and gum are both great…. But this happens in the spectators hands rather than your mouth. Plus you get a free choice of any of the six colours.
Plus the force that is included (for iPhone users) is worth the price by itself.

Cheers

Matt
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmmm. I mean I trust Matt and believe they probably road tested this but I still have hesitation that a spectator won't figure out that the crayon is not real but plastic.
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Hi all, just to see if I can answer a few things in this.
The crayons are sturdy and look fab...... We've included real world videos of us performing at events etc so this has been very road tested.....and no one has ever commented on the look or feel etc etc. ..... The reveal is so strong.
Yes love lolly hero and gum, they are fab indeed..... you don't have to put anything in your mouth etc with this, or have anyone comment about germs/covid etc ....
you get 6 reveals so perfect for table hopping.
Matts brill phone force is included too.

Anyway, thank you all and wishing you lots of magical wishes
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Covid. This is 2023 you know. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

Two in a row. Pegasus, I actually agree with you. And for Lolly you don't even have to touch anything that was in your mouth since you can grab the stick if you are a person that is concerned about COVID. Heck, I still spit out sponge horses, donuts and frogs from my mouth at all my recent gigs, everybody laughs and no one ever says anything to me about it. It's time to move on.....
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Quote:

that's True lol

anyway great effects and plus steve rowe is a top guy.
DanielChard
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, United Kingdom
153 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
They do look great, really clear who the characters are. And no one is going to comment on the finish, as they’ll be reacting to the reveal.

Look forward to performing this one Smile
You can purchase my Penguin Live Act here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238
-4.5 hours of explanation, psychology and thoughts from a working professional. 15 years experience working in the real world, I hold NOTHING BACK!
-1 x 45 min stand up act
- 1 x 15 min close up set
-10 killer effects designed to entertain and destroy your audience.

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Danielchardmagic
Instagram: @danielchardmagic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I prefer the gum and the lolly because it actually appears as if some arcane skill is involved. I do enough magical things, sometimes it’s nice to look like you know some strange stupid human trick. That can be a nice interlude and people find it very novel and entertaining.
jameshawker
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jameshawker
I own Star Draws and actually like it a lot. Matthew is right the force itself is worth the price of the product and is incredibly easy to do and works 100% of the time, it’s also not limited to this effect, I use it for lots of things now.

So the effect is a reveal but it’s a good one with very well made props. Hats off to Jamie and Matthew for creating this.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Is it the same cellphone force he was selling on another project?
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2023, videoman wrote:
I prefer the gum and the lolly because it actually appears as if some arcane skill is involved. I do enough magical things, sometimes it’s nice to look like you know some strange stupid human trick. That can be a nice interlude and people find it very novel and entertaining.

This is one of the routines covered in the tutorial. You “sculpt” the character by drawings lines and squiggles on the paper. So the spectator thinks you are drawing the picture but you are actually carving the image in the crayon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STAR DRAWS by Matthew Wright (fun Blackpool sell out...organic, visual, easy to do) (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL