The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TAKAAN by Steve Gore (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Thanks for your message. It is for a variety of reasons. With a routine like this there are a few ways the adjustment or lack of it, needs to happen and a few ways to accomplish it with very easy handling or more movey. I did not want to show a very clean version when there are several outcomes or options. Would I post a performance of one option
where it is the cleanest video but then people would complain that it is not always like that, or one with the easiest handlings but that would telegraph one of the many many methods?

As I mentioned… My aim is not to deceive any magicians, just to give you all the tools and options to deceive your own audiences. Once people receive their download info I am sure they will understand why.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Well as I love ACAAN & I know Steve Is great I have just sent for this
Excited
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
New quote from legendary Spanish magician and Penn and Teller fooler Javi Benitez

I have known Steve very well for many years and I assure you that he has put all his love and effort on this effect, to bring you the most simple of solutions on the ACAAN effect. It is really simple and easy once you see how his system works in the detailed explanations.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
After several requests, I have now edited a full performance for you all to see. As mentioned, there are a couple of outcomes or handlings. This clip shows the option which happens the most frequently and this is the easiest handling. If you want to do a p**s, or other adjustment, that is fine instead. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/21tDU3dXcHk
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I have discussed this project with Steve on several occasions and have been very impressed on how quickly he responded to “suggestions” and is clearly passionate about helping others benefit from his handling.

The major beauty of this, IMO, is that Steve’s method allows the magician to identify which card needs to be cut to without any calculations. Steve also offers methods to achieve this in the tutorial.

There is some “DIY” for this project but it’s not difficult and worth the effort if you want to perform the classic ACAAN without any calculations.

Please note, I have no affiliation to Steve and have bought the download!

Hope this helps…
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Hi everyone
After several requests, I have now edited a full performance for you all to see. As mentioned, there are a couple of outcomes or handlings. This clip shows the option which happens the most frequently and this is the easiest handling. If you want to do a p**s, or other adjustment, that is fine instead. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/21tDU3dXcHk
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The system is very intuitive, bravo on this work!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
The TAKAAN system also helps people who already know, or partly know any stack, but fear of remembering or calculating under pressure. Also remember that the adjustment needed can be done in a variety of ways, including alongside the Asi Wind method, but with a TAKAAN system, you do not need the memory or mental arithmetic!

I also now take credit and debit card payments as well as PayPal. Just drop me a message and I can help.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Just received this lovely quote from Richard Jones, the only magician to have won Britains Got Talent!

Whenever Steve releases new effects, I always get excited. Here he has taken all of the hard work out of performing an ACAAN so you can focus purely on your presentation.
It is simple. . . yet very clever!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’m amazed at the severe lack of reviews from those that pre ordered. Good or bad. Smile

It’s definitely nothing groundbreaking because if it was we’d be on our 20th page by now, I’m sure.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Lately, I avoid reviews, but I'll chime in because I do like Steve's effect and found great value in it.

There seems to be a billion versions of ACAAN out there, so I don't think I'm well versed enough to say whether or not Steve's no math version is groundbreaking - but for me, it is! There's zero need to do any calculations which is a huge plus under the pressure of performing this.

Also, I'm familiar with several different methods for moving the necessary cards in most ACAAN effects, but I don't have an Asi Wind type ability to reliable do "the dirty work" (yet- lol), so appreciated Steve covering a few direct, simple approaches.

Another upside to this is that although I do several mem deck effects, for those that aren't fans of learning a men deck, no worries. You don't need to learn one!

Overall, very happy with my purchase.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Please allow me to quote excerpts from Mindbender's above post (review).

Quote:
On Mar 14, 2023, Mr. Mindbender wrote:

I do like Steve's effect and found great value in it.

1. Steve's no math version is groundbreaking. There's zero need to do any calculations.

2. For moving the necessary cards, Steve covers a few direct, simple approaches.

3. For those that aren't fans of learning a men deck, no worries. You don't need to learn one!

Overall, very happy with my purchase.

From its very inception I have been following this thread and Mindbender's review as well as the full performance video ( https://youtu.be/21tDU3dXcHk ) has put me on the fence. To ME it seems that Steve has found a very simple solution for doing one of the most popular card effects 'ACAAN' by using a very simple & straightforward approach/method. It allows you to fully concentrate on the performance without burdening ones mind with calculations during the course of performance. IMO, 'TAKAAN' has a huge advantage when compared with those many ACAAN's out there.

I won't be surprised if 'TAKAAN' becomes one of the most popular ACAAN's.

Just my initial thoughts on Steve Gore's TAKAAN.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Thank you so much for these and other messages I have received.

Here is another performance from the project. This one on stage with West End actor Aiden Cutler at a Back to the Future convention as part of my 45 min show. This particular one, whilst not any named card, is the easiest to perform from the project and can be done virtually straight away as long as you have an I.D. as well as a regular deck. No memory work, calculating or moves. Just simply reveal the matching card as a prediction to their freely named number!

https://youtu.be/0Yvm_djfRYU
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2023, stevegore wrote:

Thank you so much for these and other messages I have received.

Here is another performance from the project. This one on stage with West End actor Aiden Cutler at a Back to the Future convention as part of my 45 min show. This particular one, whilst not any named card, is the easiest to perform from the project and can be done virtually straight away as long as you have an I.D. as well as a regular deck. No memory work, calculating or moves. Just simply reveal the matching card as a prediction to their freely named number!

https://youtu.be/0Yvm_djfRYU

Wonderful performance - simple, straightforward & will blow the minds of the spectators.

Looks like TAKAAN is a very versatile and can be performed in variety of ways. Seems ones imagination will be the only limiting factor.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Just seen this on Real Honest Magic Reviews on Facebook by Andy Russell

Wow! I got this from Steve and it is ingenious . I have only watched half of the uses of his principle and finding it easy to get along with. No maths are needed apart from one routine. This is a highly practical and commercial piece of work for the acaan plot. The thinking behind this is incredible. Well done Steve Gore for coming up with this. I cannot wait to watch the rest of it today and start putting it to use once I get it all down properly. Brilliant
jb13
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jb13
This is one of the best purchases that I’ve made in quite some time. As an amateur who only occasionally performs for friends and family, the maths involved with the traditional method have never been fresh enough in my mind for me to feel confident enough to perform it. You’ve solve that problem. I also appreciate how well organized the tutorial is. Cheers to you Steve.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Thank you!

As of today. . . TAKAAN is now live on Penguin Magic, so can be purchased from them or still direct with me.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18436
trebeseer
View Profile
New user
S FL
53 Posts

Profile of trebeseer
Wonderful version. I bought this, put it together and worked out a presentation that may work for me. All the info is worked out by Steve. My problem is to get a long enough clandestine look at the c**b. On the video Steve is so quick and smooth. And he seems to know the info so well that he needs only a glance. Not surprising for a pro. He's probably performed it thousands of times. But it's a great, complete tool for the effect.
Does anyone have suggestions for getting the info under heat?
MysteryMike
View Profile
New user
Settle, UK
1 Post

Profile of MysteryMike
I am very pleased with my TAKAAN purchase from Steve Gore. With no memory work required and no complicated maths, it is a no brainer! It is very practical with a number of handlings, plus good guidance on relevant alternative techniques. My particular favourite routines are 'Simplicity,' and 'Pure Gold'. Steve’s ‘square stack’ variation is very useful. The results look magical!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TAKAAN by Steve Gore (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL