The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Multidimensional Q&A: A Masterclass For The Modern Solo Performer by Scott Creasey (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
There are few things in the mind reading and mentalism world that I look forward to more that a new Scott Creasey release. The reason is quite simply, Scott's material never disappoints. Without exception, everything I own that Scott has put out in recent years I have been delighted with. I've thought a lot about why this is, and it is because everything Scott has released has a very rare combination of being 1) entertaining, 2) mysterious, 3) highly deceptive, and 4) easy to perform. And one other ingredient: 5) it's road tested. The reason Scott puts out such high-quality content is because he doesn't release something unless he has road tested it, and has worked through, and worked out, anything that would make detract from the first 4 factors.

For past two months I have had the privilege of studying an advance copy of Multidimensional Q&A: A Masterclass For The Modern Solo Performer by Scott Creasey. This is without question Scott's best release yet.

Over 30 years in the making, Multidimensional Q&A takes you on Scott's journey to find the ultimate Q&A, devising, experimenting with, and road testing dozens of different methods, handlings, subtleties and routine choreographies for the Q&A. Starting with his first Q&A performance at age 19, Multidimensional Q&A explains every single approach to Q&A Scott has developed and used throughout the decades that followed.

Scott has been writing Multidimensional Q&A for the past 18 months. It is a massive work on the Q&A coming in at 400 pages, including a combination of 48 routines, essays and observations, plus 113 descriptive photographs.

Over the past 7 years or so, I have spent many thousands of dollars studying the Q&A. I've bought and read or watched dozens of books and videos, and purchased many different props including special pads, folios and clip boards, in some cases costing hundreds of dollars each...even one special item that was $1,800 by itself. I learned something from all of them. I don't really regret buying any of them, because they were all part of my education.

But never have I seen anything remotely as comprehensive and valuable as Multidimensional Q&A. It truly is a Masterclass for the modern performer. Everything you could possibly want to learn about the Q&A is covered in this encyclopedic work. What makes this work so valuable is, there are dozens of ways to do a Q&A or audience reading act. Scott has done most of them. Not just thought about it, but actually thought through the details of a specific approach, planned out what he would need in terms of materials, got the materials and put them together, practiced and rehearsed, then went out and performed that approach, testing out the method. Many ideas that he thought would be great, ended up presenting issues and unforeseen consequences that made the method less than ideal. So he would move on to another approach, plan it out, get the materials, put them together, practice and rehearse, then test it out in front of a paying crowd. And again, he would discover through road testing what worked well, why it worked, and what did not work so well, and why.

In Multidimensional Q&A, for each of the methods and handlings taught, Scott explains the key details and important factors he discovered. You will learn why certain aspects of a specific method worked, why other aspects did not work. You will learn not one or two different approaches to the Q&A, but literally dozens of different approaches for every conceivable environment. There are no expensive props or other other materials required. Everything you will need can be made, most inexpensively and relatively quickly.

It took Scott over 30 years to acquire the knowledge and wisdom contained in Multidimensional Q&A: A Masterclass For The Modern Solo Performer. It is the most comprehensive modern work on the Q&A I have ever seen. Study this Masterwork, and you will gain the knowledge to perform virtually any type of Q&A or audience reading routine in virtually any environment possible, from one-to-one, close-up, parlor, or stage.

It's not available yet, and I believe Scott plans to release Multidimensional Q&A in about a month.

Over the next 30 days, I will provide a detailed chapter-by-chapter overview of the contents, so you will have as much information about what the Masterclass contains before making a decision.

I have not been this excited about a new release in years. The quality of thinking is everything you would expect from Scott Creasey. It is exceptionally good.

j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Well this is good news!
Lakewood, Ohio
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Anything from Scott is pure gold. I'm sure, without even seeing it, the fellows that are into Q & A will get more than their money's worth.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My overview begins.

Preface (pages 3 - 6)

Scott begins Multidimensional Q&A by describing his vision for how a theatrical Q&A would look if one could do it for real, and how this vision has shaped all of the Q&A research, scripting and methods he has developed over the years. The reasons why he chose to name the book 'Multidimensional Q&A'. How this Masterclass is different from other works written by mentalists for mentalists. And more.

Up next: Introduction

ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
139 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything more Q&A related after Frameworks by Looch... but I feel like not buying this would almost be irresponsible to my audiences... Sure... I'll justify it that way.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

https://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
697 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Does Scott ever sleep?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My overview continues!

Introduction (pages 7 - 12)

A brief history of the ancient origins of the Q&A.

A few horror stories are shared, including the first time Scott attempted to perform the Q&A when he was a 19-year-old radio operator in the Royal Navy. Several delightfully clever methods are described, but despite extensive rehearsals with seemingly "fool-proof" methods, things did not go as planned.

Important lessons learned from corporate Q&A performances using the ******* method.

Early experiences using three different methods taught in classic books of yesteryear, that had unintended consequences.

The real meat of a Q&A performance (it's not what most mentalists think).

An explanation of the structure of the book in two parts:

Part one: psychological techniques and philosophies, and part two: physical techniques for gathering information and essays.

How numerous failures and attempts to find the holy grail led Scott to where he is now.

An exciting teaser of what you will learn in the pages that follow, Scott mentions that he currently uses five different versions of the Q&A approaches he has developed, all of which are performed solo:

"All the versions I am doing now require nothing more than a pen or pens, a few un-gaffed business, or double blank cards and possibly some envelopes." (p. 8)

"I have worked hard for a very long time to create Q&A routines and methods that allow me to walk onto an empty stage or into a room just about anywhere and perform at the drop of a hat." (p. 8)

Up next:

Contents

Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have never been disappointed by anything that Scott has released, in fact he often manages to surpass my high expectations.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of influentialist
I'm in.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Just a heads up. The next part of my overview is (Table of) Contents. There are 7 big chapters, each with 3 to 9 sub-chapters or sections. I can't include the full list of contents without lots of redactions, as the chapter and sub-chapter titles name many methods.

Obviously I'm not going include the names of methods in my overview. So the Contents section is either going to be heavily redacted, or simply summarized without using the actual names of the chapters and sub-chapters.

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I cannot get this in my hands fast enough Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
DanielChard
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, United Kingdom
153 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Is there any contents list, approximate price etc?
You can purchase my Penguin Live Act here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238
-4.5 hours of explanation, psychology and thoughts from a working professional. 15 years experience working in the real world, I hold NOTHING BACK!
-1 x 45 min stand up act
- 1 x 15 min close up set
-10 killer effects designed to entertain and destroy your audience.

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Danielchardmagic
Instagram: @danielchardmagic
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
At this point I'd toss Scott one of my kidneys for one of his essays lol

-Theodore Annemann
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
*** Please note, to prevent exposure the chapter and sub-chapter titles below were redacted to remove names of methods.***

Contents (pages 13 - 15)

Preface

Introduction

Chapter 1 Psychology

Q & A Versus Audience Reading 19
The Credibility Factor 24
The Ethical Quandary 28
Never ***** ***** 35
The Structure 41
Tarot and the Q&A 44
The Power of Prediction 48
First Person Visualisation 51
Moving on 54

Chapter 2 The Art of the *******

The Traditional *********** 59
The ********** 61
The ********* Envelope 62
The **************** 64
The Walk Around ******* 66
The Perfect ******* Stage ***** 70
Issues 72

Real-Time ****** Questions

The Real-time Question ********** 75
The Sealed Envelope ******* (My Q&A) 76
How Many Questions/Answers 112

Chapter 3 The Power of the **********

The Genuine Psychic Medium 119
But why the ********** 126
The ********** Correctly 131
Question ***** 134
***** Question Perfection 137
Almost Sensational 146

Chapter 4 The Mechanics of the **********

Q&A Evolution 155
Intimacy 178
The Elusive ********** 182
Whats in the *****? 190
Envelope 207

Chapter 5 Stripping it back

Stripping it Back 217
The MMM Q&A 219
The ********** Variation 247
The Playing Card Analogy 255
The Open ******* Q&A 261

Chapter 6 Lets Get Intimate

Less is More 289
Threes A Crowd (Cabaret) 291
Threes A Crowd (Close-Up) 305
The Obnoxious Q&A 315
The Trident Anomaly 317
One to One. 326
Naked 1.2.1 333
******* Naked 1.2.1 348

Chapter 7 Back to Basics Bonus

Miscellaneous Methods 353
Simplicity 360
Propless 366
Signed Sealed and Delivered 374

Conclusions

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2023, 252life wrote:

252, you are absolutely going to love this!

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2023, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2023, 252life wrote:

252, you are absolutely going to love this!

I have zero doubt! Scott is a gift from the mentalism havens.

-Theodore Annemann
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is there a link where to buy this? This is not his other release on Q&A I imagine.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Multidimensional Q&A has not been released yet. As mentioned in my initial post, I believe Scott is planning to release it in about a month. Multidimensional Q&A includes every Q&A method, routine, choreography and subtlety Scott has developed over 30 + years, including three routines/methods previously released (My Q&A, Q&A Evolution and MMM Q&A aka Q&A Simplified), plus a whole lot more.

helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Great news.

Thanks for sharing.

I will follow your review.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My overview continues!

The chapters in Multidimensional Q&A are huge, so I will cover them one sub-chapter at a time.

Chapter 1 Psychology

Q & A Versus Audience Reading (pages 19 - 23)

The fundamental difference between the two types of Q&A.

A description of what a traditional audience reading performance looks like.

A description of what a traditional Q&A looks like.

What some modern mentalists consider to be as the "ethically safer" option and why.

Who invented the original version of the Q&A we see today?

The first magician to bring the modern Q&A act to the stage.

Reading minds vs. being psychic.

Two phrases that make an audience reading act appear to be a Q&A (genius!)

What audiences really want.

Having a profound effect on your audience.

Comments: The deep dive into the psychology of the Q&A in chapter one may be the most important part of the book. We all love clever methods and entertaining routines, and this Masterclass is loaded with them, however I think Scott's insights into the psychology of the Q&A are incredibly valuable. Never before have I seen this topic covered more thoroughly.

Up next: The Credibility Factor

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Multidimensional Q&A: A Masterclass For The Modern Solo Performer by Scott Creasey (74 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL