The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Indian sequence with two cups and three balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
I have now seen a few videos of Indian street magician doing cups and balls, and their routines are often similar to each other, the same sequence can be seen. A bit like there are certain sequences that we see often used in the western versions. The interesting thing is that the indian sequence is different from the western ones in quite a number of ways. For example, this sequence that I talk about uses two cups and three balls, there are no extra hidden balls. Still the one ahead principle is used even though there is no fourth ball.

Another fascinating thing to me is that the indian magicians use a different sleight for vanishing the balls. They actually use a classic palm most of the time. I have never seen a western magician using a classic palm for vanishing the ball. In the west the most common way to vanish the ball is to do a false transfer with the ball held in the fingertips. In india the ball is on the palm of the hand, and then tipped into the other hand and classic palm is used. Also the sequence does not start with a normal vanish of the ball, it is almost like a sucker premise, where the audience thinks you snuck the ball under one of the cups but then it vanishes from under the cup.

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/pLhmC6CATaM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Indian sequence with two cups and three balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL