The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Guardian of the Grave (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3357 Posts

Profile of Julie
[quote]On 2004-09-05 12:36, MerlH wrote:
Milton Bradley sold an electronic toy version of this this and it is great, the eyes flash and the guradian talks. The trick was in a series called the Magic Works. When they were wholesaled out I bought over 2 dozen and sold them to magician friends of mine. Would not see it for any price now!

/quote]

There were 3 different effects in that Magic Works series and all of them were very good.
(Yep, I still have a few stockpiled, too!)
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have the Wellington version, it is very nice indeed. The coffin does all of the talking and a crystal with the "gaurdian" is etched on it, the spectator puts this on any card to start with. There is some neat modifications to this version that the Milton Bradley toy does not have. I like this effect a lot for a small group for a close-up session.

Bloody Jack, I like your idea as well. Please contact me when more are completed, I may be interested in purchasing one. I also build and collect many different types of electronic magic effects, check it out at: http://caputocollection.tripod.com/

Cheers,

Chuck
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
One of the more interesting events surrounding the Punx version occurred when he came to visit me in Houston about 1986. I had a copy of an East German magic magazine, and in it was a routine by Herbert M. Paufler called "Guru," in which a talking head, quite reminiscent of Senor Wences' head in the box (All Right!) moved its jaws as the script was read.

The irony was this. Paufler had built the props for Punx's original routine. Paufler quoted Punx's routine almost verbatim, without credit or permission, in the magazine. Punx was really ticked about this!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3357 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-09-05 12:36, MerlH wrote:
Milton Bradley sold an electronic toy version of this this and it is great, the eyes flash and the guradian talks. The trick was in a series called the Magic Works. When they were wholesaled out I bought over 2 dozen and sold them to magician friends of mine. Would not see it for any price now!

I have a new one of these still in a sealed box. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Smile (I have the other two electronic pieces still in sealed boxes available, too!)
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I have a new web site up and a smaller version coming out that does a TA Walters effect with similar props.
Check my new web site out you can get to it by clicking on my picture and the address is in my information.
It seems inappropriate to post the web site here.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17399 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why not? It's a great site and a cool product! What is the size of Zarra?
Julie..I'll PM you.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Hey Slim
Julie is talking about the Milton Bradley toy.
I have not put anything out yet or taken anyones money.
I did not buy that eye of the idol because it looks like
a hong kong rip off of a Tenyo product.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17399 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I didn't realize that it was a ripoff. Now looking at the box it says FADA XIEDA. The one I got from Switzerland is at work so I can't check it...but it 's packaging looks much different. It won't bother me to tear it( the Hong Kong one) appart and make something else....The Fist of the Pharoah...Ha Ha.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
billy428
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of billy428
Where may one obtain a cassette tape of Animal Safari? Somehow I have misplaced my copy.
bill
wmbrooks@aol.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good luck finding one. That has been out of issue for at least 30 years!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

billy428
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of billy428
Thanks for the reply, Bill. Somewhere in this world there must be a cassette floating around.
bill
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Wasn't that put out by George Schindler? If it was, he may have a copy of it.

After you have 50 posts, put an ad in the tricks for sale or trade.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
563 Posts

Profile of magringo
I bought a cassette tape that had the "voice from another world" that talked about the planets... but I was not able to reconstruct the set up of the planets in which order. Does anyone out there know the set up. Thanks much...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get the Punx book Once Upon a Time. Set up the board as given in the routine "Kismet." Then substitute a planet for each of the nine objects. As a finale, you could have Pluto as the last of the planets. Then reveal that Pluto could never be taken, because Pluto is no longer a planet.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5358 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Old thread, but for the sake of completeness...

The original Gardner item was published in the August 1960 Scientific American, and then republished in the 1966 book "New Mathematical Diversions," ch. 9, pgs. 103 - 112 It was also republished in "Martin Gardner Presents," pgs. 149 - 153, where several spin-off versions are referenced, including "Voice from Another World," and "Room for Doubt," among others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Guardian of the Grave (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL