The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Apparition by Craig Petty (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2023, JDobbs wrote:

I think one issues with using Euro is the coins are actually made of two different pieces tightly put together. To get a shell to that diameter may not be viable to make to ensure the shell doesn’t fall apart. The US coins are built with one solid piece that allows for the ability to make into a shell.

In Germany there is a 2 EURO Shell available but I think it is more costly to produce

In addition a customized China coin > Set probably become much more expensive
JDobbs
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JDobbs
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2023, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2023, JDobbs wrote:

I think one issues with using Euro is the coins are actually made of two different pieces tightly put together. To get a shell to that diameter may not be viable to make to ensure the shell doesn’t fall apart. The US coins are built with one solid piece that allows for the ability to make into a shell.

In Germany there is a 2 EURO Shell available but I think it is more costly to produce

In addition a customized China coin > Set probably become much more expensive

I see vanishing inc has some euro coins 50 cent and 20 cent euros, but do agree it would could be more costly to produce.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Apparition reminds me of a deluxe set of Dave Loosley's Envision, which I always felt was a wonderful routine.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
JDobbs
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JDobbs
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2023, videoman wrote:
Apparition reminds me of a deluxe set of Dave Loosley's Envision, which I always felt was a wonderful routine.

That is a nice routine. Looks similar except with a pen.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:

I was surprised this wasn't continued as it was a great effect.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2023, warren wrote:
Quote:

I was surprised this wasn't continued as it was a great effect.

They are in fact different gaffs and routines but I'm happy to say we will be re running Envision later this year.

I hope this helps

Peter
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2023, Alakazam Magic Official wrote:

They are in fact different gaffs and routines but I'm happy to say we will be re running Envision later this year.

I hope this helps

Peter

Excellent looking forward to it Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:

Is there already a definite time window when this trick will be available again ?
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2023, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:

Is there already a definite time window when this trick will be available again ?

It's marked for the release either the final quarter of 2023 or first quarter of 2024.

Peter
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Already sold out ! I waiting for the second batch from Alakazam. Any owner can let me know inside the shell is a metal shim or a thin magnet ? Thank for your help.
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of magichoka
I haven’t received mine yet. Hope it will arrive these few days. I think it has a shim inside ….
PxHntr
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of PxHntr
I got my set delivered yesterday. The coins already rattled in the box. Fortunately, nothing was damaged.
The work of Roy is once again quite excellent. Not quite as great is the Chinese coin. It could be a little heavier,
but will do the job. Feels cheap, but looks good. I was a little disappointed with the purse. The adhesive strip
has already come off, it has also only been used a tiny little bit. Will have to fix somehow

The video of Craig is once again absolutely great. I love his work.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, PxHntr wrote:
I got my set delivered yesterday. The coins already rattled in the box. Fortunately, nothing was damaged.
The work of Roy is once again quite excellent. Not quite as great is the Chinese coin. It could be a little heavier,
but will do the job. Feels cheap, but looks good. I was a little disappointed with the purse. The adhesive strip
has already come off, it has also only been used a tiny little bit. Will have to fix somehow

Thanks for the kind words! We decided to stick the magnet in place with tape so that people could move it if they wanted to. There is a flap on the inside just pull it back and use some more tape. I would suggest carpet tape as that is very sticky! I actually like the Chinese coin but you could switch it out if you want to!

If o can help with any advice about routines etc please let me know

Thanks

Craig
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, PxHntr wrote:

Same with mine. The magnet was out. The flap was out.
I contacted Alakazam. After emailing them 2 times. Finally after 2 weeks I get a response
“ This can simply be repositioned using a little extra double-sided tape and your good to go again.”

Very annoyed w Alakazam taking a long time for the response. I’ve been a huge customer of theirs for years.

They really need to throw in a paper towel or cloth. To prevent the coins and purse from shaking around during shipment. Like when dvds would break from shaking. I would add a paper towel to prevent it.

I’m a HUGE fan of Craig. Love this release. This isn’t on him. I’m still excited and motivated to learn and work this. It’s awesome!!!!

I’m going to use carpet tape as he suggested.
The magnet is huge. I may try using a strong smaller one. That would minimize the “dent” created. NOT a big problem as no one is going to examine MY purse. I just don’t let things like that happen.

Just sucks I have to go buy tape. And that my email gets ignored until I email twice to wake them up.

And yes. I’m busy too. But I don’t ignore my friends’ emails.

Hope this is a one time occurrence.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
That’s not great news… pre-ordered a while ago, hopefully they’ll resolve this…
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2023, mikenewman wrote:

Just sucks I have to go buy tape. And that my email gets ignored until I email twice to wake them up.
And yes. I’m busy too. But I don’t ignore my friends’ emails. Hope this is a one time occurrence.

I experience something like this often and it often takes a lot of patience and time to give not up

But fortunately there are also dealers who are very accommodating and try to help fast
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciated.

I know that Alakazam’s customers are very important to them. I’m not sure why the email didn’t get answered quicker because they are normally quite on top of stuff like that. I would recommend using the online chat on their website as that is manned and you get a very quick response.

Regarding the magnets, I did try smaller magnets and varying different diameters, and I settled on the one that was used in the purse as that provided the perfect suction for what I needed. However, the reason we made the magnet removable with so that people can experiment if they want to. I know it’s frustrating having to change tape, but I honestly think that’s the best solution as different people want the magnet in different places and doing it. This way was the easiest way to make sure that is possible.

I hope that helps, and once again, thank you very much
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Alakazam has "The Mirage Coin Set Extreme" again in stock

https://alakazam.co.uk/products/mirage-c......12736953
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, flunkie42 wrote:
Craig did this for me in the Ruskin and it was fantastic. There is a slight noise when the coin contacts the purse, but it's only significant if you're in a totally silent environment.

Well if you are going to do a coin routine with a little noise the Ruskin is definitely the place to do it
PxHntr
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of PxHntr
Thanks for the hint with the Mirage Coin Set. I already have 2 Sets and I love it. The question now is why is there a photo on Alakazam with a different color of the box.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Apparition by Craig Petty (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL