The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Peter Warlock’s Triple Tubes (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
AllanK, you absolute star! I didn’t know he was on the David Nixon show (I watched DN’s Magic Box recently, ever-hopeful that he would turn up!); I will try to track him down now. Even more exciting: a Martin Breese magicassette?? Wow. I had no idea. The thought of hearing his voice again: that is beyond amazing. Thank you so much. The Harold Taylor Fan Club is definitely alive and well.

I met the wonderful man a couple of times in the 1980s. He was the most kind and charismatic magician, full of good humour, patience, magic. This so shines through in his writings. Whenever I need inspiration or confidence I turn to the Harold in my head.

“How very fortunate we are. With a few tricks, a helping hand, application and dedication, we find ourselves in places the world over which for the greater majority of folk are beyond their wildest dreams. To our younger readers may I say, ‘Anything is possible’.” Magic as Entertainment p.135
AllanK
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of AllanK
Dr Dee, I just ordered a DVD from Network on Air entitled David Nixon's Christmas Magic, which comprises two David Nixon Christmas shows from the mid 70s. I seem to recall that Harold Taylor made an appearance on one of these Christmas shows. For 8 quid it's worth it even if Harold isn't featured. I seem to recall that he appeared on Nixon's show twice, but it was a long time ago so I could be mistaken. I'll let you know when it arrives - it could be weeks as there was no option to send it by express post to Australia.
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, AllanK wrote:
Dr Dee, I just ordered a DVD from Network on Air entitled David Nixon's Christmas Magic, which comprises two David Nixon Christmas shows from the mid 70s. I seem to recall that Harold Taylor made an appearance on one of these Christmas shows. For 8 quid it's worth it even if Harold isn't featured. I seem to recall that he appeared on Nixon's show twice, but it was a long time ago so I could be mistaken. I'll let you know when it arrives - it could be weeks as there was no option to send it by express post to Australia.

I so hope Harold pops up. What a late/early Christmas gift that would be!! I love those David Nixon shows and didn’t know about the Christmas specials. Highly recommend Magic Box (2 discs) and Here’s David Nixon, really charming feel-good stuff, like travelling back in time. There are some assorted David Nixon shows on YouTube — I’ve promised myself a Harold Hunt soon and will let you know if I find any trace!

I took a look at Lybrary after your marvellous tip-off. It’s been hiding in plain sight. I always thought it was the book that was listed and might never had noticed if you hadn’t told me. When I feel I deserve it or need the pep, I will make my purchase. Enjoying the anticipation. Keep in touch! I think we should design a fan-club badge! Smile
AllanK
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of AllanK
Dr Dee, the Nixon Christmas Specials arrived today - alas, no Harold Taylor! However, the shows are an absolute delight. The 1974 special ends with Robert Harbin, Fred Kaps and David Nixon performing the levitation of three female celebrities (including Shari Lewis!) simultaneously. It doesn't get much better than that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Peter Warlock’s Triple Tubes (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL