The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » James Lewis' One Coin Triple Change Spellbound (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I bought James Lewis' "Million Dollar Mysteries" video a couple of years ago. it has many great ideas for close up magic. My question is that there is a spellbound routine that is included in this video that is performance only. I watch the performance several times and it has me completely baffled. If anyone could give me a source where I could find the routine, it would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1666 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Steve,
Hello, I have the video also and I don't think Mr. Lewis has ever released that part of the routine. If I remember right the spellbound bit is the first phase of his C/S/B routine.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it's ever been released. Although if you watch the video carefully you can figure it out. But I suggest that you seek out other published routines, and just enjoy watching Mr. Lewis' routine.

Best to you
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
After watching that opener several times I finally figured out what he's doing; it's very clever!
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
You can always go for Curtis Kam's spellbound from his Palms of Steel series , it's in vol. 1 if I'm not wrong.
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
James uses a sleight that has become popular just recently! It's quite a challenge to figure out what he's doing. Absolutely beautiful routine!!!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I just watch the routine again and I can kinda piece together what he is doing. I know that he is using a CSB coin and I am pretty sure I know where the coin is being secretly held when not in use. The problem I have is how to get the coin into those positions.

Thanks mystre71 for the suggestion of seeking other published spellbound effects, but I just can't sleep when some of these guys put out amazing effects on video and they are performance only. I think this is the best and cleanest spellbound routine I have seen.

I think I will take sniper's advice and go with Curtis Kam's Palms of Steel. I got the second and third the other day so this will complete the collection.

Is the spellbound routine from Palms of Steel 1 a three way change?

Steve
~Still wishing Mr. Lewis published that routine
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Yes

Chinese coin to silver coin than back to Chinese than to copper and going back and forth while twisting the coin at the finger tips.
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26985 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you look in Kainoa's book Coins on Edge you can find some nice options using Edge Grip and ... well the J.W. Grip is kind of a natural to use for some things.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
It's simply a technique that I taught James almost 25 years ago...if you watch the credits at the end of the tape...you will see my name mentioned....YEA!

Mike
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
If it is the routine I am thinking of, you can find it with explanation on the tape - Stars of Magic David Roth Vol. 2.

Eddie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » James Lewis' One Coin Triple Change Spellbound (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL