The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
James in L.A. just got the two new Gazzo books to me. I shall be going over them the next few days and will comment... FIRST IMPRESSION... FABULOUS...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I agree! I just got my copies in the mail. I read through Krowd Keepers and am just starting the Street Cups and Balls.

EVERYTHING is in there: lines, "bits of business," ... everything. He could have left out the handling of the Cups and Balls altogether and it would still be a great book!

In Danny Hustle's Foreword to Krowd Keepers he says,"Gazzo very graciously let me watch him do the show he does when he knows the magic community is not looking."

I'm afraid the only time I'll see Gazzo is on video, or the occasional magic event, so I'll probably never get to see first hand the real "magic" that is Gazzo.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
When can I get a copy?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
When will these be available in the US?

Thanks,

Big Jeff
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
The books can be bought now from the UK distributor. Everyone has said it takes less than a week to arrive. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this.) I believe, the books will be sold in the US when the UK stock is exhausted and when Gazzo starts his US tour, whichever comes first.
Looking forward to Pete's review and thoughts.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

JamesinLA is correct. I takes a week, in some cases less, to get them from the UK. Unless the deal has been withdrawn, MagicTricks was offering a deal on buying both books at once, with free shipping, and if you're a new customer, they knock a couple of additional Pounds off the deal. It's the way to go.

Now that that is out of the way, James, have you heard anything, tentative or otherwise on a Gazzo lecture tour, seminar, workshop or otherwise. The Las Vegas Magic Invitational lists him as a lecturer for their event in September, but all things being equal, I'd rather attend an event something like he had on The Islands, geared toward busking magic.

So, what do you know, what have you heard? Throw me a bone, here!

Have a great weekend!

Joe in KC

Make magic happen, live a great adventure!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

The exchange rate:

21 pounds is approx. $40 dollars.

I just found out myself and purchased both books.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Joe,
I will let you know as soon as I hear myself. Thanks and hope you have a great weekend too. I'm going to try to start mine early tonight.
Frank,
I look forward to your thoughts on the books.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have finished reading Gazzo's "Street Cups and Balls" and I have to tell you the material is FABULOUS.

It goes into EVERY detail. How to hold the big loads, how to use the pouch and why.

The "AND WHY" of almost everything in the book is worth ten times the price. Gazzo gives you not only how but why on each move.

He offers advice on everything from what to wear, what to say, what to do for almost every situation that can come up from noisy bikers, to small crowds, bad weather, drunks, you name it, he's experienced it and gives the reader all the inside dope.

MY COMPLAINT?

I wish it was a Hard Cover book, the material deserves a better presentation, it should be a classic for any student of the Cups and Balls, or one who wants to work the streets OR TRADE SHOWS.

Highly recommended.

(Gazzo, how about the second edition going hard cover?)
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Pete,
Thanks for the great review of Gazzo and Simon's Street Cups and Balls book.
Now we're looking forward to your review of the Krowd Keepers book, too.

Best,
Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Re-read the book again today and realized he has put every line, every gag, EVERYTHING in print. I know that no one can be Gazzo, but the material in here will really aid anyone trying to build a solid routine with the cups and balls.

There are two sequences that I know I have seen him do... but until I re-read the book I didn't realize how important they are in setting up the trick.

And there is one line that I always WANTED to use, but didn't, but now can as it is in print.

Even though my way doesn't need the BIG LOADS and POUCH use, it is nice to see the real handling explained in such detail. Finger by finger positions and movements, how to load the big stuff without flashing... it is all here.

Thanks to the GAAAAZZZZZ for being so unselfish with the real work.
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
I ordered the books from magictricks.co.uk last Friday, July 9th, and received them today,Monday July 12th !

3 days including a weekend, from overseas! Can't get any faster than that.

I was able to skim through them this morning and I believe they will become classics.

I agree with Pete, the Cups and Balls book deserves a hardbound edition. There are some great photos of a younger Gazzo and the illustrations are about as clear as any I've ever seen. What a treasure !

Krowd Keeping looks like it might be the definitive manual of busking magic. You can tell a lot of thought went into it. Kudos to Danny and James !

I look forward to a a closer read and re-read of these books. These will definately end up in my working library, always close at hand.

Joe
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Joe, for the kind words on the two books. Please let us know what you think of and learn from "The Art of Krowd Keeping" after you read it through. I learned a lot from working on the book with Danny and of course the man himself. That experience has helped my show a lot.

Best,
Jim
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Ditto everything said about the books, the workshop the lecture, all the best stuff to improve your performance and make your hats bigger. And good company to boot. A legend in his own lifetime.
Vernon
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Based upon what I read here, I just bought both books. Considering I am constructing my own street table and leather pouch, I thought this might be nice. I have Gazzo's booklet On the Cup and Balls, and was starting to work on his routine. This will be great. And thanks Pete about being so honest about being willing to use something straight from his routine. That is nice to hear, partiularly for those of us who are fairly new. I will not try to be a clone of Gazzo, but I also don't want to be afraid to borrow here and there.

I will add that I did get free shipping to the states and two pounds off the price. Can't beat it.

One more. I ordered from the Midwest here in the States at four yesterday afternoon. The books have already been shipped. I could have gotten the two books together at a better deal and they went ahead and took an additional two-pounds off the price. Nice service.
Chris
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi, shame that Gazzo retired, after talking to Gary Animal (Gazzo's friend), he says you struggle to make a lot of money on a cups act. Are there any street performers here that can make a lot off cups and balls? I've just bought a set and I'm gonna work on the act then show and then decide for myself. James, is Gazzo planning a tour in the US because he sold all his stuff to collectors. I'll have to borrow the other Gazzo books of my freinds as I've only got Read Between the One Lines. That is a great book.
Matt
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Matt,
Yes, the word is that Gazzo is going to have a US lecture tour.

Jim
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Jim,

I should be getting my books any day now.
Can't wait.

Frank
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Great, Frank. Looking forward to your thoughts on the books.

(Thanks for the silver dollars! Can't wait to get them too.)

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL