The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The name of a simple four-ace trick... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Hello all,

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out where I learned a very beginner 4-Ace trick where, with a simple set-up, the cards are handed to the spectator. they deal two piles of whatever size, then they deal those two piles into two new piles each. When the top card of each pile is revealed, they are shown to be the four Aces.

Does anyone know the name/provenance of this trick?

Best,
jsbosco
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3359 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I do not have the book handy, but it does sound like something that was in Magic With Cards by Garcia and Schindler.
cigmas
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of cigmas
You are right Wravyn. It is in Magic With Cards by Garcia and Schindler, page 46, "Let's Find the Aces."
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Thank you!
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On May 3, 2023, cigmas wrote:
You are right Wravyn. It is in Magic With Cards by Garcia and Schindler, page 46, "Let's Find the Aces."


It should also be similar to the "Obligation Aces" effect found in the book The Royal Road to Card Magic
by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue?

Thanks!
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Quote:
On May 4, 2023, Pyppo100 wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2023, cigmas wrote:
You are right Wravyn. It is in Magic With Cards by Garcia and Schindler, page 46, "Let's Find the Aces."


It should also be similar to the "Obligation Aces" effect found in the book The Royal Road to Card Magic
by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue?

Thanks!


Ordered a copy of Magic With Cards. "Obliging Aces" in Royal Road is a similar effect but a very different method.
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On May 7, 2023, jsbosco wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2023, Pyppo100 wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2023, cigmas wrote:
You are right Wravyn. It is in Magic With Cards by Garcia and Schindler, page 46, "Let's Find the Aces."


It should also be similar to the "Obligation Aces" effect found in the book The Royal Road to Card Magic
by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue?

Thanks!


Ordered a copy of Magic With Cards. "Obliging Aces" in Royal Road is a similar effect but a very different method.



From the research I did for the Let's Find the Aces effect, I found NO differences from the Obligation Aces effect: both use the 10-20 forcing.
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Quote:
On May 7, 2023, Pyppo100 wrote:


From the research I did for the Let's Find the Aces effect, I found NO differences from the Obligation Aces effect: both use the 10-20 forcing.


Okay, then this is not the effect I am looking for.

The trick I am looking for is much simpler: the deck is set up with 4 aces on top. The spectator is handed the deck and asked to deal out two piles and stop when they would like. Then they take up those two piles one at a time and deal them both all the way out so that they have 4 piles. When the top card of each pile is revealed, there are the 4 aces.

Any leads?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The name of a simple four-ace trick... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL