The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Handmade Great London Plague Cards (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Step back in time to the year 1665, as we delve into the depths of history to uncover the enigmatic tale of the Great London Plague. This captivating mentalism effect, suggested by the esteemed David Parr, draws inspiration from the harrowing events of that era, where the bubonic plague wreaked havoc upon the city and sent the populace into a state of fear and desperation. Join me on this journey as we explore the effect and witness the eerie connection to the year that forever changed London's destiny.

The Historical Backdrop:

The Great Plague of London, the final major epidemic of the bubonic plague in England - an era characterized by sporadic outbreaks of the disease since the year 1331. Originating from Central Asia, the Black Death had struck with devastating force, claiming countless lives and ushering in an extended period of bubonic plague epidemics. From its onset until 1750, the nation remained in the grip of this relentless affliction, with the Royal Family fleeing in a state of panic, leaving the Church to grapple with the crisis.

The Effect:

To recreate the essence of this tumultuous time, we shall engage the audience with an enthralling mentalism demonstration. Three fortunate volunteers will be summoned forth, symbolizing different classes: the Clergy, Royalty, and the Plague Doctors. A deck of cards, representing their respective classes, will be laid face down in rows of three on a table.

The mystical journey begins as each volunteer, one by one and in order of class, selects a name and number. These choices, seemingly made freely, will hold profound significance. Using a small whiteboard, a chalkboard, or pen and paper, I will diligently record these numbers. For instance, the first number might be 154, denoting 1st (1.), 2nd (5.), and 3rd (4.). This pattern repeats twice more until all the numbers are chosen, resulting in three rows of numerals.

The Revelation:

Now, with anticipation thick in the air, the cards are finally turned over, and a remarkable revelation awaits. As if guided by an otherworldly force, the numbers chosen by our volunteers align to form a sequence that strikes a chord with history itself, the fateful year of the Great London Plague! A shiver runs down our collective spines as we witness the uncanny connection between this mesmerizing mentalism effect and the dark echoes of the past.

Conclusion:

In the realm of historical mystique, we have embarked upon a journey that intertwines history and illusion. The Great London Plague, an epoch that forever etched itself into the annals of England, serves as the backdrop for this mesmerizing mentalism effect. With each turn of the cards and every revelation, we pay homage to an era marked by despair, resilience, and the insatiable human fascination with the mysterious.

Join me as we uncover the secrets of the past and weave a tapestry of intrigue, mirroring the eerie echoes of the Great London Plague. Let us marvel at the inexplicable connection that transcends time and leaves us in awe of the enigmatic forces that shape our world.

Note: This mentalism effect is purely an artistic creation inspired by historical events and is not intended to trivialize or diminish the impact of the Great London Plague or any other historical tragedy. It is essential to approach such subjects with respect and sensitivity.

https://ko-fi.com/s/976a14f7f3

VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Please avoid this seller. I purchased these cards from him May 22nd and I am still waiting on the delivery. I have emailed him and he claims he will look into it, but no response since. I also looked at my credit card statement and it shows a Recurring charge of $50.00, which means he will get money monthly. My bank is being notified now. Another magician that disappoints our community. It is a shame, it looked like a nice effect.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Vince finally got back to me and assured me the order would be delivered by Saturday. I am a great believer in second chances and only ask for two way communication. I run my own business and would not have been in business for over 30 years if I didn't communicate with my customers. Thank you Vince.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Handmade Great London Plague Cards (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL