The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HACKER - Les French Twins x Jeet (118 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks interesting!! Can't wait to see what routines they come up with.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
If you perform to your mum and her sister, I would doubt this would appeal. But surely a pro performing to a large audience would storm with this.

Any pros fancy this?

I will get me coat.

BD
tomriddle
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tomriddle
Hmm, interesting. This could be a nice party trick. Or maybe a pair it with a phone unlock? Not my style, but I can definitely see potential.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Preorder now for August delivery.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
I just do not 'get' this effect.

I predicted your card and can prove it by magically creating 100 fake wifi networks named to match your card.

I predicted your word. Wanna know how? Well I hacked the 100 closest wifi networks and changed their name to match your word.

Ive never once seenore than a dozen or so wifi networks available on my phone. And most people do not have wifi hotspots turned on.

Maybe I'm being stupid, but can someone explain to me how this is meant to play out?
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of SebastienSmithMagic
Last October, I performed at TEDx for an audience of 1,700 people. here's a picture link for reference. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=584......93676682

Maybe for close up performers, this won't make much sense... but for me, on stage, blindfolded, I ask questions to have a card generated from random audience members.... or I bring a spec on stage and have them choose the card in insert-your-favorite-method-here... my entire presentation revolves around frequency and the connections between people, and I'm asking them to send me the signal of whatever card this spectator has visibly Indicated on this board/table/or from this deck... and just to ensure that no one is sending me the signal by electronics, I need everyone to turn off their wifi.... and the entire audience loses their ****... pardon my French..... as I now have sent THEM the darn answer.... its masterful.. in the right hands...

Quote:
On May 23, 2023, magic_tony wrote:

I predicted your card and can prove it by magically creating 100 fake wifi networks named to match your card.

I predicted your word. Wanna know how? Well I hacked the 100 closest wifi networks and changed their name to match your word.

Ive never once seenore than a dozen or so wifi networks available on my phone. And most people do not have wifi hotspots turned on.

Maybe I'm being stupid, but can someone explain to me how this is meant to play out?
tomriddle
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tomriddle
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Turn on the wifi... that was a typo lol although if they went to turn OFF the wifi, the reveal would still be just as stunning...

Quote:
On May 23, 2023, SebastienSmithMagic wrote:
Last October, I performed at TEDx for an audience of 1,700 people. here's a picture link for reference. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=584......93676682

Maybe for close up performers, this won't make much sense... but for me, on stage, blindfolded, I ask questions to have a card generated from random audience members.... or I bring a spec on stage and have them choose the card in insert-your-favorite-method-here... my entire presentation revolves around frequency and the connections between people, and I'm asking them to send me the signal of whatever card this spectator has visibly Indicated on this board/table/or from this deck... and just to ensure that no one is sending me the signal by electronics, I need everyone to turn off their wifi.... and the entire audience loses their ****... pardon my French..... as I now have sent THEM the darn answer.... its masterful.. in the right hands...

Quote:

SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Honestly, it's the perceived invasiveness of it that makes it so powerful... the default response is how the hell is this on MY phone... emphasis on MY... and if the entire audience has been properly directed... then what they are looking at, on THEIR phone is EXACTLY what they are thinking in their heads to themselves... it's *** near reverse mass hypnosis if presented right. I really wish this was a more limited release.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I think it’s meant to be and play more of a shock factor of people thinking how on earth could that be on my phone. It literally could be the premise that you hacked the wifi routers (as they would see it) so I guess it’s just an unusual alternative to a reveal. But yes agree with the 100 showing which would be more convincing if only a few showed up as it would do normally.
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Most of this thread sounds like "Tell me you only perform for 5 people at a time without telling me." If that's your story, great.. but school auditoriums, college lecture halls, theaters, conferences... There's so many places this would be the ONLY answer, my head is spinning.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I think there is an Interesting reveal there if a lot of thought is put into it.
A few concerns some might have if it’s true with this device. I’ve used legacy from Miranda for sometime. I like it a lot but the only small downside was once connected to the legacy’s modem your phone was essentially off line. You have no ability to use data on your phone. So, any apps using data would be blocked. Rendering “digitizers” electronic pads sending information to your app on your phone of what they wrote useless while connected. Question would be for anyone who might know. Would I have access to my cellular data or Bluetooth devices if connected to this hacker Device. If not would simply reaching into my pocket and pressing the button connect me. Thanks!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Quote:
On May 23, 2023, Roberto W wrote:
I think it’s meant to be and play more of a shock factor of people thinking how on earth could that be on my phone. It literally could be the premise that you hacked the wifi routers (as they would see it) so I guess it’s just an unusual alternative to a reveal. But yes agree with the 100 showing which would be more convincing if only a few showed up as it would do normally.

Depends on what you're trying to convince them of...
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Quote:
Most of this thread sounds like "Tell me you only perform for 5 people at a time without telling me." If that's your story, great.. but school auditoriums, college lecture halls, theaters, conferences... There's so many places this would be the ONLY answer, my head is spinning.

Partially Agreed ;-) Is certainly not the ideal effect in a forest hut. But does it matter how many spectators you perform it in front of? Are there more wifis in a college lector hall than in an apartment building where I perform the effect in front of 10 people? By the way: cool photo from TEDx. Are there any recordings of your performance?
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:

Quote:

Any video of this performance?
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

I didn't use Hacker in my routine.. I was giving an idea of how this could be utilized in such a setting... and to answer the other question, yes, yes it does matter. Go onto any major university campus and you will be inundated with more wifi networks AND personal hotspots than you can count. This makes sense for the large crowd crowd.. as I said before, close up workers who've never heard 500 people collectively gasp won't see the use...
Quote:
On May 23, 2023, giochi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Any video of this performance?
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Yes, Alex.. there is. I was the first performer in TEDx history to pull a hat trick, as it was called, performing live in three different art-forms, in all three TEDx sessions, in one day... The plot of my third act wasn't novel, (object to impossible location), but it's the silence between the notes, as someone better than me said.. I'll send you a link Smile
Quote:
On May 23, 2023, Alex McFly wrote:
Quote:

Partially Agreed ;-) Is certainly not the ideal effect in a forest hut. But does it matter how many spectators you perform it in front of? Are there more wifis in a college lector hall than in an apartment building where I perform the effect in front of 10 people? By the way: cool photo from TEDx. Are there any recordings of your performance?
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:

It's hard to tell how it plays out exactly because the trailer is a compendium of everything wrong with magic trailers these days. Bombastic, over-the-top music? Check. Lots of slo-mo, flashy graphics, and other camera trickery (ie onanistic abuse of After Effects)? Check. Lots of slo-mo shots of people's amazed reactions? Check. Shots of the creators posing like hackers in dimly-lit server rooms, staring intently into the camera? Check. Serious lack of performance footage? Check. Very little actual information given? Check.

And yeah, having 100 networks show up on the list is really dodgy unless you're in the middle of a big city. For that price, there should be some degree of customization allowed along those lines.

Overall it just seems kind of a steep price for a one-shot deal, especially with the limitations it seems to have.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2023, Roberto W wrote:

Depends on what you're trying to convince them of...

But to try and dress it up as anything else I just don’t think they will believe it. You could not say anything and just do the reveal and leave it open for them to discuss and talk about how it could possibly have happened, so there I’m sure will only be 3 conclusions… you asked the owners of the routers to all change the names as you are a magician and want to try something… you’ve hacked the routers to show what you want… you have a special gadget to be able to change the names. Sadly by it showing a list of 100 I think will make people question and realise there wouldn’t be 100, so that eliminates theory 1 and 2 (layman thinking maybe) where if it mirrored the realistic amount of WIFI networks eg a few, then imo would leave all 3 scenarios for discussion on how and why it happened.
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

"But to try and dress it up as anything else I just don’t think they will believe it." - you do know you're talking about magic, right? you told these people you were a magician, and you expect them to... lmfao okay nvmd.. you missed the magical utility looking for real magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HACKER - Les French Twins x Jeet (118 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL