The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » I can't 'Believe' how well this worked! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
What a great read.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Mr_Matthew_Charles
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
33 Posts

Profile of Mr_Matthew_Charles
It doesn't really matter if the story is true or not. When I was reading it I personally found myself thinking that maybe it wasn't all true or maybe it was exagerated somewhat. At the same time as me reading this though I was constantly thinking of the ethical points raised in this brilliant little adventure. I think that everyone reading this would have been thinking about the morals of The Mighty Fool, and from where I was reading I think that he seems a nice guy! He entertained me that's for sure, and after all isn't that what we magicians are here for? Smile
If you don't have enimies then you don't have character
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
Very good story, I loved it, took me most of the day at college to read, but it was very good, got to go and have coffee now, is the bar still open? daz
tiberius magus
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tiberius magus
I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the way people reacted to this story and how I imagine people react to an artful display of magic. I've often wished I could climb inside the heads of the people walking away, shaking their heads. There's only so much of people's experience that you can tell from looking at their reactions. I'd like to think that, like here, when people walk away from my magic they think exactly what people have been saying here:

"That's amazing!"
"He didn't actually do all that.....did he?"
"That wasn't real.....was it?"

and finally come to that same conclusion reached here: it doesn't really matter, does it? Whether the story is word-for-word, fact-for-fact, etc. is irrelevant to the magical experience created by reading it. In the same way, whether the magician actually did what he said he did in the particular way that he implied it occured, it's all irrelevant to the feeling of awe and inspiration you come away with. I have a certain feeling you'll go far in your particular field of experience-weaving, Mighty Fool. Happy magic making!!

sincerely,
Tiberius Magus
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
A thousand thanks Tiberius!(and what true words of wisdom!) And to all the others who read & liked it. This seems so far away now.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
I went on I trip to Orlando one time and believe that I saw this "Uncle". I think what you did was brave and a great donation to socioty. Sort of. I once thought of writing a book about a magician doing tricks and you have given me a great idea. You remind me of David Blaine and the beggar he encountered at the end of Magic-man or the time he went to that vile voodoo cerimony.
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Thanks for the Magic & Wonder MIghty Fool!
Mesmerizingly Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
This gives me inspiration to make up my own "street character." it would work in so much favor if you can set up an area with kevin james' floating rose and healed and sealed soda's
trevcmagicman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of trevcmagicman
That story is great! I love it.
The magic of Trevor Crandall and Luke Vlassis. The magic men of Nipomo, California.
Magnum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magnum
I love the part about the guy who inspired you. I always respect the homeless that at least try to do something for money, regardless of how bad they may be at it.
kitsuken
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of kitsuken
True or not, this was a great story. I know that, personally, I would be more inclined to donate to someone doing something for money than someone just sitting there. The fact that you were willing to give the money to the homeless (assuming the story was true) makes me think that it wasn't that dishonest. Not honest, but not entirely dishonest either. After all, you did do a service, and the money went to those they thought it was going to.

Shame you couldn't have kept the ghost thing going though, that would have been a cool thing to have happen, some random person mentioning how sometimes the ghost appears on the street and does magic, but still, at least you helped get rid of someone who abuses their position like that harpy. One less terror on the streets for the homeless
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » I can't 'Believe' how well this worked! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL