The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » SWAMI MANTRA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
Are the tricks in this book by Sam Dalal safe and practical?
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
There is a wide variety of effects in Swami/Mantra. Some of it is neither safe nor practical, which is why dealers are not supposed to sell it to anyone under 18. I certainly wouldn't recommend the book to a beginner.

Jim
KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
Thank you for your advice. Anyway can most of the tricks be performed without much danger? Are the tricks suitable for stage magic?
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
The book has a wide variety of stuff, from benign card tricks, to truly dangerous stuff like eating razor blades. I would say that most of the effects can be performed without danger. But it's the dangerous stuff Swami-Mantra is best known for. I'm sure that there are things in Swami/Mantra that could work in a stage presentation, but there are probably better sources of information for stage magic.

Jim Morton
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I agree with Jim, although I'm a huge fan of the book myself, even I wouldn't try HALF the stuff in this book. If you decide to pick up this book, PLEASE only use this book for information only.

Don't do stuff like this, a lot of the material you only get the chance to flub once. Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » SWAMI MANTRA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL