The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » U.f. grant's 1-5 transpo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zone098
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of zone098
I'm looking for this effect and don't know where to find it. does anyone know where I can find this effect? thanks
"Human kind cannot bear too much reality." -T.S. Eliot
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I know it's written up in one of the Tarbell books. Also Roger Klause has an improved, albeit more complicated, version based upon the Grant idea.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
There is a version on Ammar's ETMMM volume 3. I'm not sure that is the exact version you are looking for, but it's worth checking out.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Mike Bornstien has a great version in one of his money books...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
I believe the UF Grant version may also be referenced in one of Eugene Burgers books...
the one Ammar teaches is George Hemphill's "beswitched"... it is easy and a very good effect
zone098
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of zone098
What about the original effect? where can I find it?
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Aiea, Hawaii
244 Posts

Profile of BWind
Zone098,
I believe it can be found in Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse volumes 1-5
BWind
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2860 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
The original is in Tarbell 3 under the title "Grant's Slow Motion Bill Transposition." In my book it's on p. 109.

Mike
hendoo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of hendoo
Yes. Tarbell 3. However there has been a SIGNIFICANT change made to this effect by David Parr. (A MORE dramatic and logical conclusion to Grant's origianl effect.) You can find David's newest handling in his effect called "Slow- Motion Swindle." Eugene Burger and P.T. Murphy have come up with a new handling for the bill trnspo as well. effect. There effect is titled "Eugene's Last Dollar".

These are the two best on the market. They are clean and effective. BUT like any worth while they involve work. Practice, Presentation...you know the drill.
zone098
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of zone098
Between the original by U.F. Grant, and the variation of handling by Eugene Burger, P.T. Murphy, and David Parr, which is the best? (setup time, and best overall)
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Where is the David Parr "Slow- Motion Swindle" located ? Book, DVD, or ???
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Aiea, Hawaii
244 Posts

Profile of BWind
Zone098,
I have looked into the Burger and Parr methods, while both are good they have their drawbacks (all tricks have some weakness); My favorite bill transpo in the hand is still the Roger Klauss method; If the gimmick is made well, the biggest drawback for me has been spending the "wrong bill" from my wallet during "drive-thru dining!
BWind
zone098
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of zone098
Roger Klaus methos sounds interesting? where can I find info on this effect or handling of this traspo?
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Roger Klause's effect is based on an idea of Bob McAllister's. You can find it here:

http://www.houdini.com/includes.cfm?page......m_ID=949

It's very, very good...but I tell you, George Hemple's "Beswitched" is highly underrated, and from the layperson's perspective, it may be the absolute best out there...
hendoo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of hendoo
David Parr sells his version on his website. http://www.davidparr.com.

Eugene's Last Dollar and http://www.magicbeard.com

Unlike the Kluase method, with Eugene's Last Dollar you can borrow BOTH bills. AND return them immediately after.

We can go on for DAYS...about the pros and cons of othere methods...BUT the important thing is that the audience has a MAGICAL expereince. And that YOU are comfortable with the method you use.

Since the release of Eugene's Last Dollar the pros like Johnny Thomspon have added it to their arsenal.

SAY NO MORE!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I second eugene's last dollar ! beautiful effect Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » U.f. grant's 1-5 transpo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL