The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Please read this thread before posting about Ambitious Card! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Inspired by LeConte, I took upon myself the job to list the threads on Ambitious Card, as there has been a lot of them. The reading will most probably satisfy those who have questions on the Ambitious Card...

Forum:
Pick a card...any card

The ambitious 'Ambitious card' thread
An attempt (yet to find out how lucky) to compile all the best tips on the Ambitious Card from the users on the Café...

Ambitious Card with a DB?
Discussion about using a DB in the ambitious routine.

Reinvigorating Ambitious
A user believes that the ambitious has lost it's charm, and needs to be reinvigorated

Ambitious card(not again!!)-aarrgghh!!!
A discussion about how many discussions there have been on the Ambitious card, and the neccessity of more of them.

Derren Browns Ambitious Card Routine
A short thread on the Derren Browns routine

Ambitious Card
"What's your favourite ambitious card routine?"

How long should an Ambitious Card routine be?
A good read about the length of a Ambitious Card Routine.

Ambitious Card Question
How should the routine end? Some nice tips offered here.

Ambitious Card ending
Another thread on the ending of the routine, which even is linked on by NeoMagic to four other threads on the ending of the routine Smile Great resource!

Ambitious Card - History?
A very short thread questioning the history of the Ambitious Card.

Name a card move that can't be used in an Ambitious Card
A discussion on which moves that can't be used in the routine.

What is the ambitious card?
A guy asking for the definition on the ambitious card routine

Ambitious Card routine
In the routine, the magi shows that he is able to control the cards. Is this good regarding other tricks?

Where can I learn this Ambitious Card move?
A short thread on the push-in-change.

Pushing Ambitious card
A short thread on the danger in the repetitions in the ambitious cards

More ambitious, less tiring...
A thread on how people routine their amtitious routine.

My impromptu ambitious ending
In my point of view - a GREAT ending to the ambitious by blindbo

The Ambitious Card must include...?
An in-depth thread on what the ambitious 'must' include. Large thread, great reading!

Question about using top palm to start Ambitious Card
Using the palm in the ambitious?

Ambitious Card Theory...
Brad Burt 'lectures' on the importance of not sticking to only on storyline on the routine.

Ambitious
Small thread on whether the DL or the Pass is used in a ambitious routine

Ambitious Card - Daryl
Some advice on buying Daryl's Ambitious Card DVD.

Sankey's Ambitious Card finale????
A discussion on a rubberband finale to the ambitious

Ambitious Card Routine--How Many Moves
Another thread on the number of moves that should be used in the routine

Daryls Ambitious card routine
Another on the Daryl's ambitious dvd

Ambitious Card to Ceiling
Cons and pros on the ambitious to ceiling

Ambitious Card
"How can I learn how to do the ambitious card?"

my own ambitious card move
A subtlety on the Push-in change

Ambitious without the Double ?
Possibilities around doing the ACR without a DL

The best ambitious card routine.
A short one on which is the best routine.

Ambitious card.
An other one, bigger and better Smile

Ambitious Card Routine?
Another thread on what to do, and where to get - on the ambitious. Great advice from Steel

Do you use the pass for ambitious card?
Well, do you...Punk!?

Forum:
Secret Sessions
(50 posts needed to access)

Getting a break for ambitious card?
A little bit on getting the break

Shortly Ambitious - (The condemned thread)
A ambitious effect using a S**rt card and a rubber band

For the Ambitious Card
Perhaps a useful move for the ACR? Read, and make up your own mind Smile

An Ambitious Card Routine that uses only one double lift!!
An in depth explanation of a routine, by LeConte

An Ambitious Card Finale
"A card rises to the top of a deck bound with electrical tape, escaping from the tape!" - the explanation can be read here

A 'serious' comedian routine: Ambitiou......the deck
A funny way of doing a ACR with a one-way deck & some alien cards

Ambitious Card - favorite moves?
Several in-depth routines, seriously great reading!

As mentioned, this thread was inspired by LeConte's work on the DL. This thread might limit the number of threads on the Ambitious Card, but hopefully extend the posts on the existing threads. As LeConte, I have not searched through the archive, so if you don't find your answers here, try looking there.

Happy readings!

-Samuel
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Great work!! Thank you for taking the time to make such a fantastic post, as it will benefit the Café tremendously. Searching for information can not be made any easier than this for the forum readers out there. We all appreciate your effort!
Drive Carefully
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
As can be said on your work on the DL Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Great guys both, great guys!

Thanks both.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
What! Another sticky post! This just clogs up the forum and allows less threads on the page! Please do not make any more topics sticky, 2 is more than enough.

Nice to see you included my post (about ACR with a DB) in your list though....and it's first... so thanks for that

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Well, you don't think about the x threads that doesn't have to be written on behalf of these two sticky's.

They can actually help people with questions, and at the same time free up the space on the forum, doing exactly the opposite of what you are thinking.
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Thanks for this topic Samuel. I just hope that people use it for the great reference that it is. Again thanks for the time I am sure it took.
Wade
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Thanks for the nice words, Curmudgeon Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Glad someone has done this.But you will still get the odd person still posting em.

Im taking bets on people placing ambitious card and double lift posts...im giving odds of 20-1

All bets taken

( Noo HaHaHa-im going to make a fortune Smile
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I do not know about the ambitious card but Samuels ambitious post keeps turning up at the top of the pack. I think it is magic.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
What's wrong with asking questions that have already been answered? It's a discussion board. If I come in and ask about the best double lift or something, even if it's already been asked....there will still be many posts on it(The point of this board, partly). Plus, maybe someone wasn't on this board or didn't see a previous post, but may have an answer that wasn't posted yet. Or maybe I'll learn something new this year that will be an answer the next time it's posted. If you don't want to answer a post that's been asked a million times before, then don't. If you want to put sticky posts about previously answered questions, that's cool(Although I don't know which is more annoying, the same questions every few days, or posts that are ALWAYS at the top of my page). I still think you'll find these questions will be asked and discussed again and again, because we like to talk about magic. Even if it's already been done.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Seek and you may find.

Use the search function and you can find lots of things without seeming both ignorant and arrogant.

Reading is fundamental. Why do so many people write about how poorly they read?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
How about...there are no stupid questions.

So, are we not supposed to ask questions that have already been discussed? If that's the case, this board will lose a lot of hits. All I was saying is that if people want to discuss things that have already been talked about(which apparently happens alot, due to the recent sticky posts), then let them discuss. How does it hurt you?

I think the sticky posts are very helpful, I just noticed it seemed to bother some people that there were discussions that already happened. I thought I could shed some light onto why.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
These threads created by LeConte and Samuel are great.

Although same topics may be disscussed again and again, but you can make such discussions into higher level if posters learn from old threads before he post in new threads.

In that way, we can raise ourselves.

Hideo Kato
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
I agree. I get the feeling sometimes that people think down on those who choose to discuss a topic again. I think it's great to search the archive AND great to keep on discussing. That's why I like this place.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
There are many other topics on which we should have threads like this (e.g. the classic pass) but I'm too lazy to do all that research. Smile
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Otis Day:

Just to make an answer towards you, regarding why I made this post, is just to be an asset. I spent some hours on this work, so that others could use it as a resource - in other words to help.

My intention was never to deny those with the wish to post new threads to do so.

I totally agree in the fact that there should, and hopefully will be, new posts about the ambitious card or double lift! But there is a tendency, when someone asks about something that have been answered before - to post a series of links to other threads. With this sticky, that is obsolete now.

:kermit:
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
Thank you Samuel. I appreciate the work you put into this. I guess I was speaking to those who answer questions previosly asked with a snippy, "This has been covered hundreds of times. Why don't you do a search?" I look forward to searching through the archives and threads you've linked, and look forward to being apart of questions that have been asked a hundred times. I can't count how many times my 2 year old has asked me where the neighbors puppy is, and I answer every time.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I too agree!! Looks like you spent some time going through a lot of threads to get the info together for us. Great work!! I for one am thankful!!
:ligit:
Life of Magic!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Thank you for your kind words, Leland Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Please read this thread before posting about Ambitious Card! (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL