The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk fountain (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Although I have seen many silk fountains I have never used one. I am considering using one but first need to know would it be possible to produce a balloon (blown up) from a silk fountain. As I already said I know very little about this bar the effect.
Nick
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would imagine you could use a self inflating gimmick to produce one from the inside. Check out Maverick Magic. They have been advertising Neil Foster's method.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Do you have contact information for Maverick Magic, Richard. When I did a Google Search, I was not able to find a direct link to them. Thanks!!!!

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Productions from a silk fountain: Has any one used an appearing flagpole as a finale'? I think that would be a very dramatic conclusion to the routine. What could follow it?
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 14:11, fccfp wrote:
Productions from a silk fountain: Has any one used an appearing flagpole as a finale'? I think that would be a very dramatic conclusion to the routine. What could follow it?

Bruce,

It would seem to me that your hands would be too full to do that effectively.

Perhaps having the last (and loose) silk in the fountain to be a flag which you vanish and then reproduce on the flag staff might be less visual clutter for the audience to follow.

What do you think?

Bob
Magic By Sander
The Amazed Wiz
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Just for the record..
Are you guys aware of who invented the Silk fountain?
That was the dutch magician and the greatest stageperfomer with silks, Marconick.
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hi, Werner! Tannen's here in NYC still sells one of Marconick's version of the silk fountain. I still have a Silken Bombshell by Marconick here in the house as well as Marconick's Silk Magic book. Definitely, some clever ideas that are not seen as much these days.

Jimmy
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 15:37, Bob Sanders wrote:
Bruce,
It would seem to me that your hands would be too full to do that effectively.

Perhaps having the last (and loose) silk in the fountain to be a flag which you vanish and then reproduce on the flag staff might be less visual clutter for the audience to follow.

What do you think?

Bob
Magic By Sander
The Amazed Wiz

Bob,
What you say makes sense, of course. I will have to play with it and work out a sequence. In other words, I am still planning where I want this in my act, where I shall steal it from and than what I am going to do afterward. Still very much in the planning stages as I have a lot of other things to work on. I have the flagpole which I acquired to use as a climax to miss-made flags. I will not be using the flags in every show and was thinking about where I could use the flag pole where it would have the desired effect. To me the desired effect would be: after a production of a silk, the appearance of an endless cascade of silks with an "imposable" climax.

Bruce
The Amazed Wizard
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bruce,

I look forward to seeing how you do that. It is really best if you can finish clean with only that flag pole in your hands.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I had wanted to produce a dove from a silk fountain and this was my reason for considering it, but then I thought I want to produce a dove from a balloon. And after a while I considered if I could produce the fountain to produce the balloon to produce the dove (well that is a mouthful). And if so, the method mentioned above seems a bit costly. So I'd appreciate someone to tell me if I should buy this or save my money.
Nick
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
I think Marty and Brenda Hahne has the best silk fountain with Dove. It has an ending. Also it's really easy to load the dove.
http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/silk magic 3.htm
Posted: Apr 17, 2005 8:42am
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry try
http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 19:08, Jimmy Joza wrote:
Definitely, some clever ideas that are not seen as much these days.
Yes Jimmy that guy was great!
(Even the Bombshell is in his book, BTW)

I recall when ge snatched all the first prices for *General Magic* and even *Manipulation* way back in the midt/late 1950's at conventions..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I prefer to body load a dove as often the silk fountain makes it too hot for the bird waiting to be produced.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
Speaking of Slydini (a few posts back) I saw a Rocco tape about Slydini where Rocco taught how to load a silk fountain using a toilet paper roll. I have always done my fountains this way. I use about 10-12 18" silks. Jeff McBrides On Stage series teaches how to make a fountain as well as a chain of appearing silks that looks really good.

I usually end it with a spring flower production, or a disappearing candle (that's right) reverse production (I use the last silk for cover). The candle can be vanished later "in the usual manner".
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Peter White (P&A Silks) also has a tape in which he teaches how to load a silk fountain using a toilet paper / paper towel roll tube. I love silk fountains when done with grace.

Jimmy
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Just a tip for those who do use the paper roll method of loading a silk fountain:

They sell plastic tubes that go in golf bags to space out clubs a little better. They are cheap, durable, look more magical to those plundering through your stuff and do the job a little easier.

In the plumbing section of that famous magic shop (WalMart), there is also tubing called a tail pipe drain that works better. But it also cost over $2! It's a matter of how fancy can you afford to be.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Hamilton
View Profile
New user
Maine
90 Posts

Profile of Hamilton
Earlier in the thread someone asked about P&A Silks. They are still around, saw them at Hank Lee's Cape Cod Conclave. They have exceptional quality silks.

http://www.pasilks.com/

"P&A Silks would like our customers to know that our phone number has changed, and that we can be reached at 518-537-8749."

I took my kids to a show today where ALMODARR (Markus Steelgrave) produced a dove from a silk fountain... it was beautiful and magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk fountain (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL