We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » DEEP THOUGHT - Greg Arce (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I believe after I had put it out someone then mentioned that book, but I've yet to look at it. Is it still available out there?
Greg
P.S. And I based this idea on Larry Becker's version of Kolassal Killer... he did a pyro theme, too.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
Greg,

As far as I know, the notes are still available directly from Chuck Smith. He's the only one selling it that I'm aware of. Not bad company to be in, that's for sure.
Find out about my magic:
http://www.freewebs.com/aaronshields
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Interesting.... well, I guess I'll to get it and see what I've re-invented.
Greg
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Greg - Just ordered Deep Thought. I'm looking forward to your new thoughts on Scorch. - Scott
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just got another review:

"I've watched Greg perform many of these routines many times in a variety of venues. This is solid material that has never failed to elicit gasps of astonishment and delight from his audiences."
Jheff, Marketplace of the Mind
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
DO NOT BUY THIS!!
DO NOT BUT THIS!!

Greg you must stop selling this book. No one else should have this material.

Seriously though folks, this is smoe excellent material. Greg has even solved something I have been working for over a year on. All I can say is I am glad to have bought the book and hope he stops selling it soon.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
It is a wonderful little book , full of advice from a man who really knows his business. No pipe-dreams, no kitchen table creations, just the real stuff.

You WILL use the effects of this ebook.

Simply wonderful and one of the best buys in recent time.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, guys, now I'm blushing. It's not good to see a big man blush.
I want to thank all those that have supported it and all those that have either made comments here or privately. It's a weird thing to feel that your little babies have been sent out into the world... luckily, it seems they've been picked up by nice foster parents.
I hope to hear about all the adaptations that come from these items.
Tony Blake already has a very novel way of doing Emotion-all... as usual, the demented Santa elf tinkered around and came up with a new toy to play with.
A million thanks to all of you... it is your creativity that fuels mine.
Greg
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Greg,

I too have been tinkering with Emotion-all--but only because I lack the requisite acting chops to present it in all its glory, and I thus have to water it down a bit to meet my own limited performance skills (I've no doubt that it will still slay). Some day, though...something to shoot for. That effect is like a piece of performance art; I've no doubt that in skilled hands it couldn't fail to produce catharses in the audience.

The rest of your book...wow. I actually HAVE a nephew named Adam, and he's the right age (well okay, he's the son of a friend and not a blood relative--but he has always called me Uncle Mike). THAT piece I'll be able to method-act to perfection, and I have a feeling "Adam's Prediction" may become my new signature piece. Sheer genius.

The new stage presentation of your Scorched effect is going into my very next show.

Brilliant thinking, yet very commercial.

May this book see a very limited run. Smile

--Mike
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Mike, I'm sure you'll be able to find some set of emotions that work for you. You could actually make up ones that lean towards the funny side.
I'm glad you like Adam's Prediction and I'm sure you'll put in your own touches.
Thanks for the comments.
Greg
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
FLOATER alone should have been sold for $100 and only to few selected people (me being one of them, of course! Smile )

Paolo
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks, Paolo.
By the way, to all those that have UPSILON from Paolo, get ready to see his latest collection of ideas. I'm starting to think that Paolo is not a real human, but some computer locked away in building that's been programed to come up with unique ideas.
Greg
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Greg, I just ordered DEEP THOUGHT. I'm looking forward to reading it, and performing from it.

Tony from Miami Magic asked me to write "hello" next time I spoke to you on here, so there it is.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Hey, a Hi back to Tony. He can probably tell you about the one day I did Scorch over the phone to customers in Miami while I was here in L.A.
Oh, I just got a more specific quote from Larry Becker... he's been busy... as usual... here it is:

"If the folks who take the time to read "Deep Thought" don't come away refreshed with a slew of ideas and effects to play with, they ought to take up stamp collecting. I truly mean it when I say, "Deep Thought" really turned me on. Great stuff."
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
My two friends (you know who they are, Greg) are really flabbergasted by the ideas inside your precious book.

I posted this on their behalf because they are not MC members.

Paolo
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
I bought this from Greg primarily for the Floater effect, as I use Scorch extensively. I figured if what he gave away for free on the Café was that good, what he charges for must be excellent.

I've been kicking myself ever since I bought the book.

Not because it's bad, but because I waited several days to purchase it!

This book is excellent. I found two pieces that I am planning on adding to my show, the Emotion-all routine and the Floater routine.

Greg's use of verbal subterfuge is outstanding. Scorch and Floater are worth several times the price of this manuscript.

That being said, don't buy it - at least not if you live in the Boston area. Smile

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks, Zach. I hope you have some fun with these ideas.
I guess I won't be coming to Boston any time soon.
Greg
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Well, if you do Greg, I'll bow down to you and allow you to perform - after all, they are your effects, are they not?

Thanks again for releasing this.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Just recently received Deep Thoughts. I am totally pleased with everything contained in this wonderful ebook. I just can't wait to perform my version of Emotion-All. Whoever said this piece, alone, was worth the price of the book was RIGHT! Thanks Greg. I just wonder when the next one will be?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks guys. Presently, I'm working with another friend on a possible e-book that will contain a Book test you can make yourself. We are trying to tie all the loose ends and seeing if all our methods are either original or something in public domain.
I am considering doing an e-book on ideas with envelopes, but it still in the works.
Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » DEEP THOUGHT - Greg Arce (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL