The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Masters of Disguise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
I just saw this movie tonight and had and interesting thought. What if you created a routine where you claim to be able to convince someone that you are someone that they are very close to.
You have a couple, and you have the man write down a phrase on a small slip of paper and then you have three or four other people write things down also. Then you take a small slip of paper and you write something down. These slips are all shuffled together.
You then have the Wife privately read all the slips and try to sellect the one that was written by her husband.
Well "because of your amazing ability" you are able to have her select the slip of paper that you wrote the phrase on. Sound good? or was this movie really so bad that it made me lose my mind?
Just a thought,
Brent Braun
http://www.braunmagic.com
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
It sounds like a great idea! Do you have a method for getting her to pick the slip you wrote on?
If so, can they read the slips aloud?
For example, Have the husband say what he wrote aloud, and then have her say what is on the slip she chose, and you turn a card around, as she does this, with that phrase on it?
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
Banacheck has a great tip in psycological subtleties whereby someone can write a list of ten friends and you can tell which one is their best friend / mother etc,

A stunning thinker,

Fon
Always thinking..........?
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
yes, I actually have a method for the whole effect. Just trying to figure out if the Effect will even play, will people care? will they be impressed? I guess I will just have to work the whole thing out and give it a try.
Brent Braun
http://www.braunmagic.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1784 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I think the premise would play very well, the ideal that someone could not only steal your physical identity but mental identity is unfortunately to real a premise in todays society. You have a natural hook built into it, I would caution though not to make the effect to light hearted & I think it allows for a dramatic emotional impact. I would be very interested to know how it evolves.
Best of luck, tom boehnlein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Masters of Disguise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL