The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Who uses magic wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Just out of interest who here still uses a magic wand when performing?
?
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I use a magic wand.
In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Anyone who wants to do a beautiful cups and balls routine. It´s almost indispensable.

Have a look at Vernon, Ammar, Williamson etc.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
trenchant
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of trenchant
I have several and use them for cups and balls and for sponge ball routines.
magicmanx
View Profile
New user
Working in Benidorm Spain
47 Posts

Profile of magicmanx
I use a magic wand I designed in any effects involving children. By the way pretty lady.. time you had a photo icon Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sticks and wands are a fact of life for this magician. They make great misdirection, help focus the audience where you want them to look and give "borrowed image" to help the audience identify the magician. It also allows an audience member to take part in the action. (You would be really surprised how many photos and business cards are kept for that specific reason!) Besides, I can use all the help I can get.

We don't use them in grand illusion but we do use them where and when we can.

Here is a good related forum:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;start=0

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I used my magic wand for the first time in years at a show last Saturday. The audience seemed to love it. It's also nice when you can throw in some wand spins and flourishes. I think I will try to incorporate it into my cups and balls routine.
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
A Magic Wand is a very special and a powerful tool when doing any kind of Routine that uses mis-direction or something that you need to tap like a cup in for a striking vanish! In fact I make all of my wands to fit my needs as a performer! I really don't like the ones you buy from magic shops, the seem to heavy and bulky! Sometimes it's hard to controll them, and if you drop them, they break! So I make my own out of plastic rods or even light metal! So to answer your question, Yes, hundreds of Magicians still use Magic Wands.
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I didn't use them until I saw the Vernon wand spin. I saw a guy vanish a cork ball (for cups and balls) and no matter how hard I looked I could not see the steal.

Once I learned that spin I realized why. Get a wand, learn the spin, and you'll know too.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I don't think they jive with the new age thinking. you know, the next evolution Smile
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
I've just got myself a wand, because I love the Vernon wand spin vanish. It is a nice move in a C&B routine.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I spent a long time learning the Vernon wand spin, and now I never use it. I do use a wand, but only as an instrument in my cups routine.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Mattisdx wrote:
Quote:
I don't think they jive with the new age thinking. you know, the next evolution

If you're talking New Age as in the magickal sense, wands definitely have their place. They do not, of course, look like swagger-stick versions of formal canes (black with white tips).

A bizarrist would definitely want at least one appropriate-looking wand, with or without a crystal fitted into the end.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
I use them and love them. I think they are a true symbol of our art. Also, being the kidshow performer that I sometimes am, I use some of the comedy wands. I think it goes over better to use a wand on stage during the show before bringing one out for a kid to break.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I use a black wand with brass tips. I do mostly kids shows and they love seeing a wand.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
I see that most people use magic wands.
Quote:
On 2004-08-02 12:27, mattisdx wrote:
I don't think they jive with the new age thinking. you know, the next evolution

I personally don't think they are out of date unless you are a magician like David Copperfield.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2004-08-02 00:27, mattisdx wrote:
I don't think they jive with the new age thinking. you know, the next evolution Smile

Oh you mean the new thinking where you take an old classic, cut a few of the good phases out of it, rename it, then write a pdf and sell it with your name on it?
LOL,
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
froxen
View Profile
New user
Singapore
38 Posts

Profile of froxen
Hey Xiqual... I see you have a similar pic to me. =) great minds think alike. except mine's ain't that great...

Anyway, I defintely agree with Bob Sanders. A wand is a very useful equipment for misdirection (ie misleading audience to look at the wand when doing a wand spin, and making the "dirty" hand look empty).
I always believe a magician should at least his own wand, its like an identity. Not sure if you guys actually feel like what I do. But when I hold a wand, it gives me a sense of identity. Only then I know who am I, it makes me feel invurnerable. hahahaha.... but then, that's me...
Anyway, there's an interesting article about magic wands in July Issue of the MAGIC Magazine.
The wand is the root to all magic (be it in form of a fan, a pen, a ruler, a stick, a hat or whatsoever).
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the Mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science." - Albert Einstein
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1738 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Magic Wands are a symbol of a Magician as we all know!

How we use them & in what format is up to each performer!

As mentioned-Cups & Balls this definetly adds to the effect

I use an appearing 8 ft Wand later in my show-but Hey! its still a wand & gets a laugh!!!!
Kevin Vu
View Profile
New user
Renton,Wa
61 Posts

Profile of Kevin Vu
Hello ALL!

I love using the magic wand in my stage act. Makes me feel like a wizard. *hehehe* But like some said above, used to misdirect the audiences eyes to avoid stealing/funny moves.

Kevin Vu
Renton,Wa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Who uses magic wands (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL