The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pull them in then Push them out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I don't have trouble pulling in people.

It's pushing them back out once I have a dozen or so people watching.

When, how many, and what do you do to push the crowd back out to a respectable distance.

I thought of using a rope on the ground or actually a rope trick, a la Sunny Holiday's trick on the Cellini DVD but that would not be appropriate where I work.

I do tell everyone "take 2 steps back" but that only lasts for a minute or two then they're back at my table again.

Tips?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Judge your space. then start and let them come. if they don't go back YOU go back.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Move your table back...bring em in close then move the table back and telling them to stay...it works..i do it every show...actually we talk about jus tthat subject breifly on art of part 2...yours trully does anyway...thats the trick...you move they don't....

koz
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I thougth of that but where I have my table, my back is already at the "wall". I perhaps need to move myself out so I have room to do just that.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I have found that people continually move in. I just occasionally make a request for them to move back. Move back. Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Lol...ya think?

:)
koz
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Halitosis will do wonders to keeping 'em back.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Quote:
On 2004-07-16 19:39, Pete Biro wrote:
Halitosis will do wonders to keeping 'em back.

Pete,
Personally, I rely on bad breath to unlink the rings. Works every time.

Seriously, this is a great problem to have: that they're too close. That is what we call "a robust crowd" in Gazzo's Krowd Keepers book. It's a lot better to have to push them back then to get them close.

Jim

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
> I thougth of that but where I have my table, my back
> is already at the "wall". I perhaps need to move
> myself out so I have room to do just that.

Thats your answer right there - I leave my table back and walk forward, drawing a crowd with tricks I can carry on my person.

I tell passer byer's "you can come in and watch too, I'm just messing around - the show hasn't started yet". This draws in more and more till I have a small crowd, at which point I'll retreat to the table to start the show.

You want to leave room so the crowd can walk forward with you. Helps put them under your control. Like, leave 10 feet between you and the magic line, so when you have your tip built you can say "now if everyone will take a few steps forward come up the magic line so you can get the best possiable view".
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pull them in then Push them out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL