The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pen thru Bill- Rip Gaff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
I think I remember Cornelius' version having a nice little touch- a gaff that apparently showed bits of the ripped bill sticking out. What a beautiful subtlety that I'm sure specs would reflect on. To owners of the pen, does it look as good as I think it would?

Also, do any other pens have this feature? I just don't like the look of the fancy Cornelius pen.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
The rip gaff is tremendous and works with most of the pen thru anythings. I use it with the "Sharpie We Use" version and it looks terrific. It takes the effect from strange looking to "real" looking.

I first learned it from Jim Krenz (does anybody know whatever happened to Jim?)as he did much of the work on the Cornelius projects and am forever grateful. Should take you almost 1 minute to make up and try it out!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
For me, the rip gaff made ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Before I learned of the rip gaff, the pen sat in a drawer because I didn’t feel that the penetration looked realistic. After I learned of the gaff (like gkfreed, I learned of it directly from the inventor, Jim Krenz), the pen became part of my working repertoire because the penetration looked realistic. So I don't characterize it as a subtlety, I characterize it as a necessity!
Appleguy
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Appleguy
After the pass thru - bill , I pull the pen out with the rip gaff still stick with the pen. Is is very easy detect by the spectators.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2004-07-20 13:30, Appleguy wrote:
After the pass thru - bill , I pull the pen out with the rip gaff still stick with the pen. Is is very easy detect by the spectators.

Huh?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Has anyone seen Eric Anderson's "East Meets North Meets West"? It is a nice impromptu version of the pen through bill with the added touch of a torn piece "flying" off when you rip the pen from the bill. You then restore the final piece on the bill in the specs hand. You can find it in his collaborative book with David Harkey called "AH-HA!".

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
THE BEST PEN THU BILL WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE CALLED "AS GOOD AS OIT GETS"
Th reas I say this it is almost the same effect as misled excep there is no gimmick
this effect was created by Café member Ben Morris Raines ,
Ben uis a very talented young magician and is also very creative
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pen thru Bill- Rip Gaff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL