The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is it too perfect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Roth's coins across with an e[ is obviously really clean, perhaps too clean?
When standing, does the spectator ask to see both hands after the last coin? Not a problem for me seated, but when I stand and am wearing short sleeves, I haven't found a ditch I'm comfortable with yet.

Anyone have this concern, or am I overthinking this routine?
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
You're overthinking...spider vanish then both hands go to pockets momentarily as they open their hands because that's where the attention is. Very quick procedure but you have to appear relaxed.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I've been doing my own version of this for years and I cannot recall ever having anyone ask to see both hands empty. Usually, after the last coin appears in a spectator's hand and the last echoes of the stunned gasps begin to die down, I'll take the coins, stack them neatly, and then count them one-by-one just as I did at the beginning so that they can see exactly four coins.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26967 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Good questions and good thinking.

The answers are out there. Such is what started me down the road?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-07-21 15:14, S2000magician wrote:
I've been doing my own version of this for years and I cannot recall ever having anyone ask to see both hands empty. Usually, after the last coin appears in a spectator's hand and the last echoes of the stunned gasps begin to die down, I'll take the coins, stack them neatly, and then count them one-by-one just as I did at the beginning so that they can see exactly four coins.

Ditto, except I don't even count the four coins seperately at the end. The audience clearly sees four and only four coins throughout my entire routine and they see both of my hands otherwise empty at various points in the routine. Being clean in the end is a non-issue for me.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Being clean is also not an issue for me.

I count the coins because I usually follow up with a version of The Hook.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Especially as clean as this effect is... I think the psychology is good enough with the spider vanish.

Only 4 coins are ever seen and both hands are very empty all throughout.

Why would anyone be looking for anything extra anyway when the "extra" just got dropped into their grubby mitts by magic.

I notice that after I pretend to drop it in their hand, they open it up right away. They don't wait to see my other hand at all. I still gesture with it but they're sold right away.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is it too perfect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL