The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Paul Daniels Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
On a trip to London in the mid-eighties, I saw Paul Daniels perform the chop cup for a theater audience of several thousand. No tv monitor, just Paul, the spotlight and a chop cup. It killed. I'd love to see his routine again. Does anyone know if Paul's routine has been preserved on video or dvd (either a teaching video, or a performance video)? I know it was included on a British tv special a few years ago (50 Greatest Magic Tricks...Ever!), but don't know if a stand-alone video of the show was ever produced and sold. I understand he talks about the development of the routine on one of his audio cd's, but that's not the same as seeing it!
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
There was a video produced called "The Best of Paul Daniels" which included his complete chop cup routine. It was being sold off in the UK at about £3.00 a few years back so I guess it is no longer available. I have a copy and there is some great stuff on there.
Martin
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Thanks for the tip, martinkey. I just bought one in an ebay auction. Now, if I can just figure out a way to transfer this PAL-formatted video to VHS...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Paul Daniels Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL