The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Assistant Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steveo
View Profile
New user
Shreveport, Louisiana
25 Posts

Profile of Steveo
I have been doing card manipulation for about 7 months. I just recently got an assistant. I was wondering if there was any way possible I might be able to incorporate my assistant with my card production routines. Thank you in advance.
"Just Enjoy The Art You Are Witnessing; Don't Destroy It."
-Steveo
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
There are a few performers that use an assistant for card manipulations. Jeff Sheridan uses a volunteer from the audience that is very effective. The assistant holds the bag Jeff works out of. He removes cards and drops produced cards into it.

Goldfinger and Dove have a great card routine where they work together. Same type of thing as Jeff's, but there is a lot more dancing and choreography going on.

I would suggest you experiment and see what works for you. It may take some time, but the effort will be well worth it.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Is this a straight or comedy routine? It has a lot to do with how the assistant "helps" you.

In a straight routine, the asistant is always in the right place. In a comedy routine, the assistant is always in the wrong place.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
You could always show your asst. some moves and you two could pretend to toss invisible cards across stage!
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Assistant Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL