The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Theater (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Well I finally got a copy of this book and I must say it is truly what everyone says
"A Gem" if you haven't got it, then you need to!
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
383 Posts

Profile of Seance
I'll second that emotion!

By the way, the first edition of the book had a record with Eugene Burger's narrations of "The Dollhouse of Millie Riggs" and "The Fox Sisters".

Those two recordings are now on his website at http://www.yourmagic.com/MagicBeard/presentations.html

If you want to hear how a storyteller paces his voice to generate emotion, have a listen.
(They can be heard through mp3 and flash 5 versions)
"Even the dead tell stories."
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
Used to be fun listening to Milli Riggs in a darkened room Smile A great story, well told.

Paul.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2976 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
This is an invaluable textbook of how to conduct an effective theatrical seance. I used it as a major touchstone in designing the Houdini Seance for the Chicago Assembly of the SAM this past Halloween.

Another helpful resource, though not a replacement for Spirit Theatre by any means, is Lee Earle's Manifestations. And for insight into conducting a commercial, non gimmicked, but quite powerful in-home seance, I'm quite impressed with Brother Shadow's Have Seance, Will Travel.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
I agree, Necro. "Have Seance, Will Travel" is an excellent commercial seance for the home audience.
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Theater (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL