The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2004-09-09 22:05, Sean Fields wrote:
It most certainly did. Torn Asunder fooled me so badly as a young magician, I was sure that Copperfield sold his soul.

Not wanting to sell my soul, I developed the original Fusion shortly after seeing the Fires of Passion special.

I performed Fusion for years, but had no ambition to teach it to anyone, but at the constant prodding from magicians for so many years, I finally released it.

During the years following the creation of the original Fusion, I developed many other T&R effects, some piece by piece, some not. The best of the best will be taught on the FU2 DVD.

Since Copperfield performed Torn Asunder, it is spectacular to see how many creative magicians have developed handlings of the now classic piece by piece restoration.

With handlings such as Torn, UnRipped, and Seamless, I can only look forward to seeing the evolution of this effect.

Sean

Hey Sean, Thanks for mentioning Seamless. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Smile

Sadly, however, I have decided to stop selling Seamless. At least for the m,ean while. Might re-release on dvd, but we'll see.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
"By that logic then if a card is torn and then put back together they 'know' it is a different card."

No, not if its signed, which PB Jones was clearly indicating. That's why we get it signed in the first place.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
By that logic then if a card is torn and then put back together they 'know' it is a different card.

HI,
Exactly right any apparent destruction of a card that is not signed makes it clear to all but the most stupid spectator that there is a duplicate. in this particular effect (and the old williamson effect)why bother getting the card signed, then removing the signiture .. the only evidence that it's the same card. it makes it no better than not getting the card signed at all, people arn't bloody stupid.

For the same reason for years (until the Osterlid signed version) I would no do a torn and restored newspaper in my stand up act. I have been to so many shows with lay people where when I asked what they thought of the torn and restored performed the answer was pretty similar "I soppose it's clever how they some how swap the bits for another paper" now I suppose that's fine if you want to perform puzzles but it's not really magic.
Phillip
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I've e-mailed Daniel Garcia and have received reply on some questions I've had. I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I've not seen the ENTIRE UNRIPPED routine or the ENTIRE Torn routine.

I'm very wary about purchasing right now - I just don't wanna feel screwed in the end.

So do any of you fine magicians have a performance video (the full routine) of either TORN or/and UNRIPPED.

I've already made a "promise" to friends to show them something really great with a torn card Smile

HELP!!!!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1157 Posts

Profile of bekralik
How would seeing a full performance demo solve your problem? You can get the gist of the routine from watching any of them; watching one in entirety adds nothing but the possibility of reverse-engineering the effect.

First decide what features you want to incorporate into your T&R method and then select from what's available. People have taken the time to write their pros and cons for every available method at the Café. Make your choice from there.

Brian
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Quote:
On 2004-09-26 15:04, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
I've e-mailed Daniel Garcia and have received reply on some questions I've had. I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I've not seen the ENTIRE UNRIPPED routine or the ENTIRE Torn routine.

I'm very wary about purchasing right now - I just don't wanna feel screwed in the end.

So do any of you fine magicians have a performance video (the full routine) of either TORN or/and UNRIPPED.

I've already made a "promise" to friends to show them something really great with a torn card Smile

HELP!!!!
First off why would you promise something you can't deliver as of yet? The Torn and Restored effect will take some practice to get it to look smooth. As for the Daniels Torn, I have seen it live and he did a foot away from me and it looked great. As for the others They are all great. Its all a matter of what works best for you. Daniels is a combination of several others and a few things he came up with. He made it work for him. I would recommend getting the basics. Star Quility( David Regal) piece by piece, and I would also recommend getting jc wagners...This will give you the basic ideas then you could work from there.

tpdmagic
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi thanks for the replies

I want to see what the effect really is like- without cut-aways and titles inbetween. By seeing the whole routine I will then know which is suited to me.

I'm curious to see what I'll be getting. I hope that's not too offensive to the creators but I'd like to start investing money more wisely on magic.

I'm not intending to reverse engineer anything- I just want to be sure!

as for the friends - they will be seeing Paul Harris's T&R

Thanks for the help
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
Where I can see an ENTIRE video of this effect (not the commercial video) ?
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1265 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Nowhere legit.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Needs ALOT of prep before hand...
you have been warned
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Ok guys! pm if you would like an uncut video of the tears and restorations of UnRipped. I can email it to you or you can go on Magic Video Depot to find it. Hope you enjoy!

-gared crawford
Mark Zacharia
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Zacharia
Quote:
On 2004-07-26 15:18, eebie376 wrote:
Any other questions, I'll try my best to answer them without exposing anything.

BTW- I wasn't asked to write a review by ExpertMagic, and I don't get anything from them for reviewing it or anything like that.

Ian

Hi, Ian:

Now that you've worked with it for a while, do you still hold the same enthusiasm for the trick? Also, do you do any other version of the T&R card, such as Hollingworth's? I do Hollingworth's "Reformation," and am quite happy with it. Still, I couldn't resist ordering this version because it looks so visually appealing. Your thoughts? Thanks.
Mark Zacharia
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
I am happy with my purchase of this affect, and I enjoy the Voodoo Deck routine

there is hard(ish) work ahead for those who are keen to perform this, understand that and enjoy the results from your construction of the performance
kuroko
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of kuroko
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 13:07, McScratchy wrote:
Ok guys! pm if you would like an uncut video of the tears and restorations of UnRipped. I can email it to you or you can go on Magic Video Depot to find it. Hope you enjoy!

-gared crawford

can you give us a link ? Smile
thanks
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
Magicvideodepot.com you have to sign up as a member its free. then search for unripped and gared's picture with a card will show click it and that is an uncut video of unripped. I love the video! I purchased it yesterday cant wait till it comes.
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Quote:
On 2004-07-26 15:18, eebie376 wrote:
Any other questions, I'll try my best to answer them without exposing anything.

BTW- I wasn't asked to write a review by ExpertMagic, and I don't get anything from them for reviewing it or anything like that.

Ian

Dear eebie376 and others

I have a few questions and hope you could clarify:

a) Can the spectator sign on the FACE of the card, instead of the back? This is because I prefer to start with an ambitious card routine and end with unripped.

b) After the final restoration, will Unripped allow me to have the signature intact (and creases INTACT) and yet it is 100% examinable? If no, is there anyway to accomplish this?

b) After the final restoration, will Unripped allow me to have the signature intact (with creases iron out) and yet it is 100% examinable? If no, is there anyway to accomplish this?

Thanks
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Answer to question A yes if they sign a certain part of the face, B, it is not TOTALLY examinable after the final restoration but can be examined briefly, there is no way to accomplish it being toally restored. Hope this helps a little and if I am wrong, though I shouldnt be as I have it and have tried, please let me know
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Most of the answers for the UnRipped questions posted here can be found on expertmagic.com forum.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
What I find amazing is that no one mentioned the killer ideas he had for the extended version of the trick. It could be used in any other torn and restored card. If you think you will use this T AND R card then, get it, if you don’t think you will use, get it. Let me tell you what I was very impressed with this T AND R card routine. It showed a lot of thought and dedication to the plot and a lot of amazing advancements in it. I really am amazed to find that a few of you don't like it or have not been inspired by it at all. AMAZING!!! I thought it was worth the price just for the extra stuff at the end. WOW!!! I really want to say it is very well done and very well explained and think it is defiantly a real killer trick. When done with grace and ease and well practiced you will have a miracle on your hands. I am also surprised that a whopping 30 dollars is going to hurt a lot of people here. Maybe it would? If you work magic and are doing things then you will invest in your magic. I know even if you don’t do the exact way he does it you will find handling tips and some astounding ideas for other routines not just t and r card. I hope this helps anybody.

Best
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Thanks for the nice comments Brad. That means a lot to me!

-Gared Crawford
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL