The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
E-mail Eric James-- they will take other forms of payment--
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Crap, after waiting so long for this, and hearing that it's not as nearly amazing as what I was hoping, I'm at a loss for a new T&R. hopefully Fusion 2 will be super sweet Smile
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
Do you do Daniel Garcia's or Yves Doumergues versions?
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17159 Posts

Profile of joseph
Both are very good effects.......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
Yeah, if you do those I would stick to them. Theya are the best on the market right now.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
I am kinda wanting to get this, but the price seems a little to steep for the reviews so far. I have only seen one good review so far. Oh, and Mattisdx, Fusion 2 is gonna rock hard. I seen the demo of it a LONG time ago, it looks INCREDIBLE.

Later,
James Watkins
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Hmmm...25 bucks? You ask me, that's chump change compared to what other knock-em-dead effects cost. I'll be giving this the once around I think.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 00:22, JamesW wrote:
I am kinda wanting to get this, but the price seems a little to steep for the reviews so far. I have only seen one good review so far. Oh, and Mattisdx, Fusion 2 is gonna rock hard. I seen the demo of it a LONG time ago, it looks INCREDIBLE.

Later,
James Watkins

where can I see the video for Fusion 2 ???
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of levitate
Fusion 2 will be sweet, but its not gonna be easy. As far as I know there is no demo up yet, but there will be.

Michael
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Does anybody know when Fusion 2 is coming out ??? I did a search and saw a post by Sean Fields a few months ago about it.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey guys,

I am shooting to have FU2 available for a fall release. Once I get everything shot, and ready to release, I will post a video for it.

The video that James, and a few others saw, was a VERY rough video that I shot several months ago. It was not very good quality, and as such, I am not sharing it anymore.

FYI, FU2 will include several other T&R effects, including the original Fusion, as well as several other handlings, effects, and ideas.

I hope that answers all questions.

Now, on to the topic at hand, Gared Crawford's UnRipped. Gared sent me a video demonstration, as well as a PDF several months ago. Let me tell you, the video FRIED me, the effect looks VERY good.

I then read the PDF he sent me, and was intrigued by his approach, which is very unique. Now, I must address the issues that are being brought up with the inability to examine the card after the restoration; Gared never intended the card to be examined, the signature is peeled off, and then the card examined, in much the same fashion as my first attempt, Fusion.
If you do not do the signature bit, you are only partially performing Gared's intended effect.

Now, I must say that I like UnRipped, not just for the visual integrity of the routine, but the offbeat thinking behind the routine. I don't mind having to do the signature bit, I feel that it adds to the magical feel of the routine.

I should also mention that UnRipped is very similar to FU2 in regards to the restoration phases. Our methods vary greatly (UnRipped uses a gimmick, FU2 is impromtu: UnRipped is not immediately examinable, FU2 is). I mention this so that those waiting for FU2 are aware of what the restorations will look like.

I really hope that more people give Gared's routine a shot, it is actually very good.

BTW, I have no affiliation with Gared, other than being privy to a pre-release copy of UnRipped, and I gain nothing by posting the above, my post is my opinion alone.

Sean
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
Like I said, they should take that part out of the demo video so they don't fool people into thinking its examinable before you take out the creases and peel off the signature. This is partly the reason why I was angry at ExpertMagic. I think the routine is OK, but it was a big let down considering I liked TOrn, but figured this may be an easier method. So, F2 can be examined with signature still on it? The more impromptu aspect is really intriguing.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1154 Posts

Profile of bekralik
What, the original version of Fusion will be included in FU2? Smile Is that wise, from the perspective of people who bought the original?

Brian
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Maybe if you bough Fusion from him and there is a record of it, maybe he will offer F2 at a slight discount..??

James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Well, I may give this one a chance. I trust Sean. In reguards to Fusion and Fusion 2... I think it will be GREAT to have the original Fusion taught on the FU2 version, no discount needed. Sean told me of a couple of the other version on it, and I must say, I think it will be great. The original Fusion instructions were good in booklet, but a piece by piece t&R is VERY hard to explain in text, so I think it will be great to have both and the others. I am really looking forawrd to it.

Yeah, the demo that I seen WAS very rough, but you could see what was going on. It floored me, especially the fact that it was impromptu. I am really looking forward to buying my copy when it comes out. I am going to buy UnRipped as soon as I can get around to it. I know if I buy it now I will not have time to watch it, so soon.

Later,
James Watkins
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Yeah, unripped is very long! Lots of videos to get through!! haha I have Fusion...I may have to get Fusion 2 when it comes out...... Ill have to see the deom when he gets to it. Smile

Sean does go great work though.

Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Does Eric (Expert Magic) accept another payment beside Paypal????

I've emailed him but still no response... Smile

Hengky
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Probably credit cards, I think
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Yes the vids are long.One hundred and eighty five megabytes total.I haven't got through them all yet.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Any idea if this will be going out in DVD format in the future like Color Fusion did?

Later,
James Watkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL