The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
185 MEGS !!!! holy smokes, now I'm really glad that I didn't buy this LOL Smile
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
My PC barely has that much space, lol.

James
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I have a 120 Gig hard drive and it only took 35 minutes and a few seconds to download it through Aol.If your hardrive is small just burn it on a cd to store and watch it.I watched a little more of it and so far I like what I've seen.
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Hello guys,
Just thought I would throw in my own two cents about my own effect.

First things first: If you are disapointed with the trick because the card is not examinable at the end of the effect, I have a great addition to the routine that was only mentioned on the DVD/download. This handling allows you to hand the card out after the creases have been removed with the signature/name still intact. Check out the post purchase forums at ExpertMagic.com for future posts on this handling and many more thoughts and additions to the effect.
UnRipped has rewarded me with great reactions for several years now and it is one of the best tricks in my repertoire. Subtlety is what makes the trick a winner for me.

The Demo: The shots in the demo video at ExpertMagic.com were shot live on the street in Colorado with real spectators. It was crucial that the trick be presented in this setting to prove that it was legit. Everything shown in the demo can be done live if you take the time to learn the subtleties. This is true!

The Bluff: UnRipped is no more of a bluff than any other Torn and Restored Card. All torn and restored cards can be considered a bluff depending on how you look at it. Are you really tearing and restoring the card?....if you are, SEEK HELP! or tell me how much I must pay for the secret because that would be priceless. The fact that the card is not imediately examinable at the end does not make the routine a bluff...nor does the fact that the magician keeps the card. The whole point is to create the illusion that the card is being torn and put back together. Does UnRipped create this illusion? Yes it does. The methodology may be off center from the majority of other torn and restored cards but the illusion is very solid and powerfull.

My goal in creating unRipped was to perform something that looks good enough to be believed. I have studied every published piece by piece Torn and Restored card there is. The general problem I had with most of them is that they were not as aesthetically pleasing as I would like them to be...even after several years of practice...and believe me....I obbsess over practicing!

Keep in mind that some very famous names in magic have been fooled by UnRipped...and I don't mean the demo...I mean live! When performed correctly...UnRipped will fry them to a crisp! If you purchase UnRipped, please study the complete routine... just learning the mechanics of the effect will get you nowhere. There is just as much psychology in the effect as there are moves. Like Eric already said it is a COMPLETE routine.

-Gared Crawford
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Dear Gared,

Does Expert Magic accept Credit Card?
I could not pay via PayPal because my country (Indonesia) is not listed on the PayPal system.

Hengky
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Yes. The DVD's will be availabel soon. Check with Eric as to the actual release date.

The video was so long because there is a lot of attention to detail in this trick. This is just another detail that makes it unique. Have you ever learned a torn and restored card and never been able to make it look as good as the creator of the effect could. I am positive that there is enough info on the DVD to make it possible for you to make the effect look as good as possible. Of course this does not come without practice! UnRipped may not be the easiest effect to perform but it is a lot easier than some (to remain nameless.)

Thanks for your comments guys! I would love to answer any more questions you have about UnRipped.

-Gared Crawford
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Any questions ??? ok, how do you do it ? Smile
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Sure he'll tell you mattisdx,for 25.00 that is!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
LOL Smile
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Gared showed me his "UnRipped" about a year ago.

He worked pretty hard on this, and it really shows. I'm glad to say that the final version became even more visual!

Impressive stuff, keep it up.

Cheers,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Hengky Ciptanegara
Yes you can e-mail sales@expertmagic.com about alternate forms of payment. They will accept visa and mastercard. Hope that helps.

-Gared C.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Do you have any other upcoming products hitting the market anytime soon ?
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Mattisdx,
I have been working on manufacturing a better working pocket index. I just sent the prototypes to Eric for him to try. It would be an Expert Magic release. We still haven't decide if we will mass produce them or if they made from an order to order basis; they are custom made by me. There will also be either a dvd or manuscript to go along with the index that includes some killer uses for the index.

In the future I hope to have a DVD of my card repertoire and maybe a few mentalism effects with cards.

-Gared C.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I just downloaded this out of curosity more than anything as I am happy with my torn and restored that I have been doing for years. I must say the concept and way it looks is very impresive. The instructional is not very good as I like a personality when teaching. But if you can get past that this is well worth the time and effort. I will work on it and give it a try at the bar in the future to see how it really plays.

tpdmagic
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I do not think anybody has mentioned JC Wagner and his torn and restored, so very simple so effective so commercial, nice and quick, it earns me loads.
Cartelli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Where can I get information about the mentioned Daniel Garcia t+r card?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Cartelli, do a GOOGLE search for the words daniel, garcia, torn, and video.
Cartelli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Quote:
On 2004-08-21 13:07, Larry Davidson wrote:
Cartelli, do a GOOGLE search for the words daniel, garcia, torn, and video.

Thank You for the information. I have found it.
Here in Germany we know "Ripped and Restored" and from various books Reformation
(Hoolingworth/Lovick.)
Were do I find information about "Fusion" or Fusion2"
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Fusion 2 is supposed to come out in the next month or 2 Smile
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Yea, that is the rumor.... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Unripped" at expertmagic.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 3.83 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL