The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Broken Flipper » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
My Flipper coin broke. How can I attach a new rubber band. The small peice is firmly attached. What's the best way of fixing this.
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Do the following:
1. Pry open the smaller section that is glued to the inside of the s**** with a sharp knife or blade.
2. Remover the band
3. Clean the groove
4. remove the glue from the small section that you pryed off.
5.insert new band
6. insert the banded piece into the s**** using a drop of instant glue (only small section) let dry. Your ready to go again.

Eddie
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
You could also substitute Scotch Brand Double Sided Tape instead of the glue. That way it will be easier to replace the next time it breaks. Good Luck!

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Bill beat me to it. Double sided sticky tape works the best. Just trim it so it fits flat and doesn't go outside of where it's needed. It is a snap to change and fix. You should get a supply of those rubber circle things and give yourself a new one every month or 2 depending on use, temperature, humidity, moons gravitational pull, your weight, and how much you can bench press. Don't ask me to explain, but somehow all those things affect the life of Flipper the dolphin.
Nelson Hoofard
View Profile
New user
League City, Texas
36 Posts

Profile of Nelson Hoofard
I guess we all use different "sticky" methods. I use rubber cement. Just brush it on the small piece, let it dry a little and stick it on.It sticks on good and comes off when you want it to.
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Broken Flipper...Is it just me that picured a dolphin swimming round in circles Smile
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Yea, it's gonna take some time Smile
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1655 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Also good: double-sided carpet tape, which is stickier than Scotch-type double-stick tape.

Jerry
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Or... take the time and learn some Edge Grip mechanics. Much more practical Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Not nice to suggest that children stop playing with their toys, Mr. Townsend.
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
I always use two rubber bands on all my coins.
* It works better.
* If I'm use it in front of people and one breaks
the other keep them from seeing the trick.
Jerry Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-07-23 15:57, jerdunn wrote:
Also good: double-sided carpet tape, which is stickier than Scotch-type double-stick tape.

Jerry

The carpet tape is thicker, that worries me. Besides, how sticky do you need tape to be, anyway? The typical Scotch brand double stick tape, that can be found with the office supplies in the store, works great. Never had a problem with the gaff coming apart unexpectedly, but it makes servicing the gaff much easier.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
One more tip...

Make sure you remove all previous adhesive. Use lighter fluid or solvent, then wash with soap and water.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Broken Flipper » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL