The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to from here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Hi guys...while this is my 1st post I've found this site invaluable over the last 5-6 weeks since becoming hooked,truly fab...On all your recomendations I bought Bobo naturally,next Ammars complete introduction and then Roths 1& 2 as well as his okito dvd,those crazy lil boxes I find truly magical .Have found all to be a great learning curve and am slowly improving each day,practise makes perfect as they say,well not quite but tis fun trying.I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to where you all think I should head next.Am happy to hang with the dvd's at the mo,and will progress to some of the lecture notes and books a bit further,just find it a lil easier to comprehend if it's visual at this stage in my early devolopment.SO over to you for your 2 bobs worth(ie...opinions-2 bob being an old shilling).Thanks heaps,kindest regards Stevie Smile
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Hi Steve,

You may also enjoy the Ammar DVD/Video it teaches a lot of the basic routines, there is a good review comparing Ammar/ Roth videos on http://www.coinvanish.com may be worth a read, also check the first thread in this forum...it's always at the top of the section and covers peoples recommendations on stuff to buy when you are starting out.

One DVD I would recommend is Charming Chinese Challenge it is basically 3 chinese coins on a ribbon and they magically fall of the ribbon one at a time. Stunning routine and not too difficult to learn, gets great reactions. I think there is a video of the routine available online. Check out http://www.bobkohler.com I believe it is on there.

Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=14 is also worth a look, does have some slightly harder material on it but you should find some stuff to keep you occupied.

It's sometimes nice to have a look at material you want to asprire to be able to perform which for me would include Gary Kurtz - Misty Like a Dream, Albert Goshman - Salt Shaker routine. I'm not saying this works for everyone and you won't be buying material that you'll be able to perform now but it does show you what is possible and for me that helps.

Good luck in your learning.
Chris
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Also check out the vanish in the air trick. it's a 1 handed un-gimmicked coin vanish. amazing to see Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to from here (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL