The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Revolution vanish... then what? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ishbal
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ishbal
Ive performed the Revolution coin vanish (check out http://www.ellusionist.com if youre unfamilliar) for several small groups of people at parties and whatnot, and they all love it every time. The only thing I don't like about it is the first thing out of everybody's mouth is "bring it back!" and I can't. I kinda hate just moving on to another trick, maybe one with cards or something, but that's what I've been doing so far. any suggestions?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use yuor imagination, bring back a duplicate.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
When you have them there...

don't be a wuss!!!!

on to another trick.

ONLY reason to bring it back, is if BORROWED coin and you are being nice.

Don't make the mistakes so many others have made. DO NOT compromise your MAGIC down to the level of clever or cute.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I would look into the changes that Brad discusses in the video. A coin changing into something else, rather than vanishing completely leaves a lot less room for people to ask you to bring it back.

Or move on, as stated above Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Ishbal
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ishbal
Thanks guys, your comments help. I guess I'm stuck with moving on to another trick though, because I can't bring back a duplicate (I like to use a 10 pesos coin, and I only have one), unless I want to change it to something else, that of course leaves room for "change it back!" but I guess theres no winning with some crowds ;0)
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
My roommate has seen me perform coins across,matrix,and a spellbound routine. He thought that they where all good. When I used that vanish in conjuction with Flight deck, I couldn't help but laugh when he had this serious look on his face and he said "what the ****, did you make a deal with the devil" I must admit I did feel quite clever.Smile
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
If it is possible to answer without tipping, can this be done with a silver dollar?

Kirk G
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

A quarter was perfect for the routine I mentioned above, but just for the vanish a dollar would work if your more careful with the angles.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
I have an idea...

Don't do the vanish. Do something else. It's not that great of a vanish anyway.

Chris
RydinDubs
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of RydinDubs
I beg to differ...I think its a good clean vanish..but it does lack direction.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Spit another one out of your mouth Smile
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Quote:
On 2004-07-26 16:31, RydinDubs wrote:
I beg to differ...I think its a good clean vanish..but it does lack direction.

I beg to differ your differ

Revolution vanish is probably one of the worst and MOST UNNATURAL vanish I have ever seen. Who in the world would hold their hand so low and to the waist in such an unnatural position put a coin there on the back of the hand and then to take it off the hand again.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
sc_wizard29
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of sc_wizard29
Your point is interesting... when I first saw the effect I thought "damn it !" even if the hand position was very strange. This must be because as a magician, I see lots of "curious hand positions" and that doesn't bother me anymore Smile

But I wonder if for a spectator the curious hand position makes the vanish less spectacular.

Maybe a "coin expert" could help me on that one...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If it looks odd or unmotivated... it will need one heck of a presentation to compensate.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RydinDubs
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of RydinDubs
[/quote]

I beg to differ your differ

Revolution vanish is probably one of the worst and MOST UNNATURAL vanish I have ever seen. Who in the world would hold their hand so low and to the waist in such an unnatural position put a coin there on the back of the hand and then to take it off the hand again.
[/quote]

to me its only unnatural if you make it look unnatural...if your not comfortable with any effect its not gonna look natural...for instance I use it in a floating ring routine...I float the ring make it land on my hand then vanish it...it works for me..
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Seems like if it is used, it should be at the end of a 1 coin routine. Every demo of revolution is: Here is a coin on my and and watch it dissapear. Of course they want it brought back as they aren't finished being entertained. What an opportunity!
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-07-27 07:25, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
If it looks odd or unmotivated... it will need one heck of a presentation to compensate.
Exactly! I did a flurry with the coin than put it on the back of hand to show that I'm not going to hide it "in" my hand. Than I pulled out my flight deck from my pocket to cover a coffee cup, grabbed(vanished) the coin from my left hand, gave it a toss in the air and lo and behold you hear the coin arrive in the covered cup . The victim only sees the one coin in the cup and nothing else in your hands. I was only experimenting with this when I showed this to my roommate. This guy is in his 40's and he could not believe it when he saw it. I didn't think much of the vanish in the beginning either, but when I used it this way I found it to be very effective.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 00:21, sleightofhander wrote:
Exactly! I did a flurry with the coin than put it on the back of hand to show that I'm not going to hide it "in" my hand. Than I pulled out my flight deck from my pocket to cover a coffee cup, grabbed(vanished) the coin from my left hand, gave it a toss in the air and lo and behold you hear the coin arrive in the covered cup . The victim only sees the one coin in the cup and nothing else in your hands. I was only experimenting with this when I showed this to my roommate. This guy is in his 40's and he could not believe it when he saw it. I didn't think much of the vanish in the beginning either, but when I used it this way I found it to be very effective.

So now instead of a bad idea to vanish a coin, you get to look super goofy standing there for so long with a coin on the back of your hand, while doing things that have nothing in common with the current effect.

Chris
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
LOL
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-07-28 01:44, Chris Berry wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 00:21, sleightofhander wrote:

So now instead of a bad idea to vanish a coin, you get to look super goofy standing there for so long with a coin on the back of your hand, while doing things that have nothing in common with the current effect.
What matters is the effect it had on my friend, and he wasn't laughing. So, before you are quick to judge, take a look in the mirror and you will see something really goofy!

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Revolution vanish... then what? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL