The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtcooks
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of rtcooks
I want to learn the torn and Restored Newspaper, but I am a beginner. Which would you advise to buy. Joel Baures Torn and Restored, or the No Tear Torn and Restored. State why you prefer one over the other. Thanks.

After reading previous post I ordered Joel Bauer's video on Torn and restored. I'll let you all know how I progressed with this routine.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
The No Tear Torn and Restored Newspaper is in my opinion the best. It is easy to do and is almost more powerful than tearing the paper. I would recommend it.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Second No Tear, easy to perform, so you can consentrate on your presentation rather than the gim.
It's also perfect as a Stand-Up routine.
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
I am a No Tear fan as well. If you want to actually tear the paper infront of the audience, you can, it just takes a little more set up time.
Doug Howe
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Doug Howe
I also use NO TEAR. The reset is so simple and nothing is destroyed in the illusion. Use this again and again. If it accidently tears, it's easy to make another gimmick.
-=> Rubber Dougie <=-
magicmanx
View Profile
New user
Working in Benidorm Spain
47 Posts

Profile of magicmanx
ALWAYS use the no tear newspaper in my act... the way the pieces restore is a stroke of genius... and once you buy the effect you will NEVER have to buy another one. You can either use it as a drop jaw opener...or pad the effect out with some funny newspaper headlines that you read out.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

Chris Knight
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Richard osterlind has a great version on his dvds Smile
jsmagus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jsmagus
I a have never performed the torn and restored newspaper, but reading this thread makes me want to check out no tear!
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I perform the Gene Anderson T & R Newspaper Routine from his book, "Newspaper Paper Magic" or something like that. It takes some preparation, however the flash restoration of 6 pages is very magical.
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
Gene anderson's routine is clean and easy to perform. set up is timely but worth it. you use the newspaper from that day. it looks very natural.
Matt Redd
View Profile
New user
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
63 Posts

Profile of Matt Redd
The Greater Magic Library just released the new Gene Anderson DVD teaching his torn and restored newspaper plus a few more things with newspaper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL